This Is A First

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I took my child to the movies tonight. The parking lot is under construction. As I pull into a spot the person on my left opens their door into where I’m pulling in.

“Could you shut the door so I can pull in”.

The driver yells to the teen “make her wait take your time”. The teen moves the door and I pull in.

No joke the driver gets out “why the F did you have to park there. You’re fat, you squeezed into those shorts like you did that parking spot”

I shrug and said “I’m aware and I don’t care”. Seriously I’m over weight I get it.

When that fails to get me more riled up she yells “and you need to shower and wash your hair”

Uhm ok. DidI somehow time warp back to grade school?

Once the movie was over I walked back to the car thinking “this is something that would only happen on MC and I have to share”

When did people become so ignorant and foolish?
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Trashy.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

While I don’t excuse anything she said because that was inexcusable, but I also can’t imagine telling someone to close their door so I can pull in, I just always have some patience and let them get out of the car first.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I once had someone yell at me that I had to hurry up and move because they wanted my parking spot. I told them they'd be waiting a while because I had a full Costco cart of groceries to load in the car and then I needed to change 3 diapers and nurse my baby before heading home plus get snacks out for the toddlers. She went off on me about how I can't occupy a space for that and how I have to move for several minutes with me ignoring her before driving off to the next empty space 5 spots down. There were so many open spaces!
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

She's a horrid little person who will one day find out that her mouth and attitude are going to encounter someone who won't ignore either.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It wasn’t a matter of being patient. I was pulling into the space when she opens the door over the line and stood there. If it was simply waiting for them to get in or settled it wouldn’t have happened.

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:26 pm While I don’t excuse anything she said because that was inexcusable, but I also can’t imagine telling someone to close their door so I can pull in, I just always have some patience and let them get out of the car first.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:33 pm She's a horrid little person who will one day find out that her mouth and attitude are going to encounter someone who won't ignore either.
This. She is gonna pull that crap with the wrong one.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:26 pm While I don’t excuse anything she said because that was inexcusable, but I also can’t imagine telling someone to close their door so I can pull in, I just always have some patience and let them get out of the car first.
If a driver isn’t immediately getting out, it is considered common courtesy to close the door so others can pull in. Definitely not a request that I’d be offended and insult somebody for unless they were rude about it.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m currently driving a rental that isn’t as easy to park as my vehicle is. I had to straighten up by backing up once and pulling back in. The guy next to me threw me the finger. Like dude. I did it so I wouldn’t door ding your car while I got out but whatever.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Honestly I do not have the energy to get into it for something like that. If someone has there door open and is taking their time I either will wait or go to another spot. What could it take? An additional 30 seconds for me to wait for them. In that time I mutter something either under my breath or to the person sitting beside me, then pull in when I can. It is something so small and no reason to get either stressed or to confront someone about being faster, it honestly is not really going to change my life having to wait 30 seconds extra.
Locked Previous topicNext topic