Want to know what drives me nuts?

Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When people post something that a politician or celebrity said 20 years ago. People change their views over time. We live and learn. 20 years ago, most people were not accepting of a lot of things they are now. My personal views have changed a lot. How does something someone said over 20 years ago prove anything?

This is in response to a pic of Biden talking about gun control in 1995. (Not saying I agree or disagree with his stance, just saying you can’t use his views 20 years ago to mean something now)
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I agree
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is something that drives me crazy! It seems so obvious but I guess it really isn’t.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

/s

But I mean for Biden, that may be the only perspective he can remember. Our elders with dementia often cannot remember current events, but live in the past…
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:02 am /s

But I mean for Biden, that may be the only perspective he can remember. Our elders with dementia often cannot remember current events, but live in the past…
It is a meme with him sitting behind a desk as a middle aged man with the words on it. I saw it last night on FB as a FB friend shared it. I'm not sure why you think it is something current. 🤷
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That meme is stupid. It is talking about 37 years ago. The world is so much different in terms of firearms. You cannot base thoughts from 37 years ago about guns to present issues when guns have become so much more...and the fact that mass shootings continue to happen. I was 10 in 1985 and I remember a lot of my tween years, but I certainly do not remember gun violence being as prevalent as it is now.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk the meme. I will say if you’re paying that much attention to any meme you probably should evaluate your life’s choices. I like memes don’t get me wrong. Especially when they say something emotional we can all relate to. Political ones on the other hand are often just propaganda.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:18 am

It is a meme with him sitting behind a desk as a middle aged man with the words on it. I saw it last night on FB as a FB friend shared it. I'm not sure why you think it is something current. 🤷
/s = sarcasm font, it was joke, a joke.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:38 am Idk the meme. I will say if you’re paying that much attention to any meme you probably should evaluate your life’s choices. I like memes don’t get me wrong. Especially when they say something emotional we can all relate to. Political ones on the other hand are often just propaganda.
Memes aren't cartoons. They're used to highlight quotes or a statistic oftentimes. They convey information. It's like a slide out of a PowerPoint.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:13 am
mcginnisc wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:18 am

/s = sarcasm font, it was joke, a joke.
That's unfortunate. I thought there might have been a glimmer of reality penetrating finally.
Locked Previous topicNext topic