Roe vs Wade has just been overturned by the Supreme Court.

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It is now a state decision, no longer a constitutional right.

https://apple.news/ARQw032mfRbaOklh-Sdgs9w

Next on the list for discussion is same S*x marriage, and whether or not to make that a state decision rather than a federal one.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Anonymous 1

Unread post

A revolt is coming, I fear.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I saw that on my news feed. I really do not think anyone is surprised by this after the leak, but the implications of it becoming official is huge. I think they are already saying 26 states will make it illegal.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am so outraged for every American with a uterus.

If any American finds themselves in a situation where they need to not be pregnant the offer is open to come visit me in Canada. We'll take some cheezy tourist photos to show what a great time you had visiting your friend in Canada, get you the medical treatment you need and then I'll tuck you into bed and give you whatever you need to get through the next few days.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I am so F***ing mad and disappointed.

I’m not surprised though. But damn it am I F***ing upset and scared.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

It's a devastating day for womens rights and the human right to self-autonomy.

Things are going to get crazy out there and both abortion clinics and doctors as well as pro life support clinics need to be especially cautious and on high alert.

We've turned a dark corner in the U.S.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:22 am I am so outraged for every American with a uterus.

If any American finds themselves in a situation where they need to not be pregnant the offer is open to come visit me in Canada. We'll take some cheezy tourist photos to show what a great time you had visiting your friend in Canada, get you the medical treatment you need and then I'll tuck you into bed and give you whatever you need to get through the next few days.
I do not think the US Supreme Court is going to end there. I also fear that they may target contraceptive and same S*x marriage. Hopefully the Canada can keep their head on straight.

Scary thing is I know you will see a lot of women seek out abortions at all costs. Some will end up in the hospital or worst case dead because of this.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Uh huh
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:51 am
I was going to mention this too. They plan on going after all the progress we've made over the past 50 yrs. Might not be now or even within the next year, but it will def happen. Why else would that joke of a justice even suggest it if they weren't already discussing plans to overturn them should a challenge come their way?
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic