How evangelical Christians are sizing up the 2024 GOP race for president

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:10 am
Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:19 pm Evangelical leaders crossed the line these past few years with telling their members not to get vaccinated, like the evangelical leader in Michigan who lied and said there were over 100 patients in the local hospital with complications from the vaccine. Even so these leaders preach about the “stolen election” as if it were gospel.

You would think that all that lying and propaganda would cause a drop in attendance but these MAGA church people have the biggest crowds.
If you read the link I posted in this thread, it explains a lot of this. If you don’t click on links, it’s a CNN interview with Kristin Kobes Du Mez, so you probably could google her name with CNN. I know many people think this is irrelevant information, but it really isn’t especially considering how broad of a term evangelical is and how much it influences and shapes our policies and politics. Now it’s just as much of a political term as it is theological.
I missed yours, Just read it. I know it explains why they are like they are but it’s so hard to believe. Religion can really mess with your mind.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:19 pm Evangelical leaders crossed the line these past few years with telling their members not to get vaccinated, like the evangelical leader in Michigan who lied and said there were over 100 patients in the local hospital with complications from the vaccine. Even so these leaders preach about the “stolen election” as if it were gospel.

You would think that all that lying and propaganda would cause a drop in attendance but these MAGA church people have the biggest crowds.
If you read the link I posted in this thread, it explains a lot of this. If you don’t click on links, it’s a CNN interview with Kristin Kobes Du Mez, so you probably could google her name with CNN. I know many people think this is irrelevant information, but it really isn’t especially considering how broad of a term evangelical is and how much it influences and shapes our policies and politics. Now it’s just as much of a political term as it is theological.

Really liked her book Jesus and John Wayne. Didn't care for the voice in the audio book though :)
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:39 pm

Really liked her book Jesus and John Wayne. Didn't care for the voice in the audio book though :)
I hate listening to a good book with a sucky narrator.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:17 pm

I missed yours, Just read it. I know it explains why they are like they are but it’s so hard to believe. Religion can really mess with your mind.
I can understand that. It’s hard to believe even living among it…especially studying/reading the same Bible as them. I wouldn’t say it’s the religion, though, so much as the culture or more of a conflation of the 2 where the cultural and political beliefs influence much more than the Bible. Evangelicalism is a worldwide movement, and this group of evangelicals is unique to the US more specifically the Caucasian Americans.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have the book, but I still haven’t read it. I get easily distracted, and I find other books to read.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm

I have the book, but I still haven’t read it. I get easily distracted, and I find other books to read.

I definitely get that! And I swear my ability to focus isn't as good as it used to be.
Locked Previous topicNext topic