Advice on my teen daughter

Mom Talk is a group for moms to come for advice and should be looked at as a more supportive community than Mom Confessions. Those who aren’t here for drama but want to connect with other moms or have questions about parenting can hang out here.
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:58 pm
Lindsay wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:06 pm How is she even without supervision at that age?
Most 14 year olds I know spend time unsupervised… she’s two years away from driving and four years from being a legal adult, she needs to learn how to have time on her own. Being victimized by a child predator is a whole different issue, but it isn’t automatic poor parenting for a 14 year old to be left home alone.
I didn’t say poor parenting, but 14 year olds need supervision. I’m not sure the ‘my daughter is dating a 29 year old’ is the right post to deny that in…
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:18 pm
Lindsay wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:06 pm How is she even without supervision at that age?
Most 14 year olds I know spend time unsupervised… she’s two years away from driving and four years from being a legal adult, she needs to learn how to have time on her own. Being victimized by a child predator is a whole different issue, but it isn’t automatic poor parenting for a 14 year old to be left home alone.
I didn’t say poor parenting, but 14 year olds need supervision. I’m not sure the ‘my daughter is dating a 29 year old’ is the right post to deny that in…
It seems as if the poster is asking for parenting advice. Do you have any?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:24 pm

It seems as if the poster is asking for parenting advice. Do you have any?
Yes, that the child needs more supervision.
Enroll her in boys and girls club activities, see which after school programs the school supports, see if there’s sports she could get into that have coach led practices, maybe she might like band…
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The very large majority of 14 year olds have some time unsupervised. It is age appropriate for a teenager to have some time without an adult. And yes, this is the right post to deny that in, anyone of any age can be manipulated into a bad situation.
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:25 pm

The very large majority of 14 year olds have some time unsupervised. It is age appropriate for a teenager to have some time without an adult. And yes, this is the right post to deny that in, anyone of any age can be manipulated into a bad situation.
Anyone of any age can be manipulated, but children and young teens have no life experiences to help teach them red flags , which is why they need supervision.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:33 pm

Anyone of any age can be manipulated, but children and young teens have no life experiences to help teach them red flags , which is why they need supervision.
Seems to me the one that really needs supervision is the moron who thinks it’s okay to chat up young girls. Yes the dd needs to be in extracurriculars or supervised. But one should be asking why she wants attention from older men. At that age I’d be like okay this guy is creepy he’s twice my age. To me thirty was old and I think most girls would feel that way. She might need counseling so she doesn’t need to be babysat. And someone needs to arrest this guy. Or at least tell him leave my dd alone or else. Because just because this girl is unsupervised doesn’t make it right for him to be a creeper. He might decide to find some other girl where the parents can’t or don’t supervise her.
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:04 pm

Seems to me the one that really needs supervision is the moron who thinks it’s okay to chat up young girls. Yes the dd needs to be in extracurriculars or supervised. But one should be asking why she wants attention from older men. At that age I’d be like okay this guy is creepy he’s twice my age. To me thirty was old and I think most girls would feel that way. She might need counseling so she doesn’t need to be babysat. And someone needs to arrest this guy. Or at least tell him leave my dd alone or else. Because just because this girl is unsupervised doesn’t make it right for him to be a creeper. He might decide to find some other girl where the parents can’t or don’t supervise her.
He needs jail time, not just supervision.
She needs to be shown a path towards how to live a happy life, which you’re right, might mean she’s lacking some type of love she feels she needs.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lmfao. You're joking right
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:09 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:04 pm

He needs jail time, not just supervision.
She needs to be shown a path towards how to live a happy life, which you’re right, might mean she’s lacking some type of love she feels she needs.
Jail is supervision and works for me.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:51 pm You call the police…that’s called statutory rape, not being in a relationship.
THIS.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Locked Previous topicNext topic