She asked me if her son can come stay with me

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I know this woman. I met her about 10 years ago. We were neighbors. Our kids played together. Now both of my kids are adults now. My youngest is 18. Her youngest is 16. About 4 years ago I moved to another state. I've stayed in contact with her.

Within the past year; Her youngest child has stayed in trouble. He has had 3 assault charges. He has dropped out of school. ( completely legal and the child decision in her state). He is selling and doing drugs. He has assaulted her, and her brother. He has been jump numerous times. Her oldest moved in with his dad because of it. Her, her son and her brother live with her mom and dad. Her mom just kicked them out for the 3rd time Within the past year and half. They have been kicked out each time over his behavior . He also has mental health issues.

She thinks because I live in another state that it will help him. No, meth Is rampant here, which is one of the drugs she mentioned. plus This boy is 6ft tall and if he did to my dh what he did to his uncle my dh would beat the hell out of him and I don't want that to happen.

She baby him when he was younger and I think that is part of the reason why he is so bad now. He never respected his mom. at 10 years old he was cussing his mom out and she wouldn't say anything to him. If he was at my house I would say something to him.

I fell bad for her but I can't help her. His dad has 3 small children so he won't let him come stay and all her friends has told her no because none of them want to deal with his behavior. I knew he was going to be out of control when he became a teenager.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

A child doesn’t start assaulting their family members and using drugs from just being spoiled. It sounds like he needs some serious help. I would look into inpatient treatment centers.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:59 am A child doesn’t start assaulting their family members and using drugs from just being spoiled. It sounds like he needs some serious help. I would look into inpatient treatment centers.
I mentioned that about a month ago she is against it. maybe not being spoiled but never have any type of discipline and consequences can lead to what he is doing plus add in his mental health issues.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What is his mental illness?
If a person is using or selling they can find drugs anywhere.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:03 pm What is his mental illness?
both from what I remember he has adhd and a mood disorder
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:17 pm
Are you thinking about taking him in?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:41 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:17 pm
Are you thinking about taking him in?
there no way I can do that. My life is peaceful and I can't change that by taking him in. not to mention I live in a completely different state. He can drop out of school there but here you can't until 18. I am not going to have that battle along with other things. I've done that before for someone else and I won't do it again.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't do it, especially with the assault history. I have zero interest in allowing a violent person in my home.

Sounds like she either needs to get him the help he truly needs (much more than just a change of scenery) or let him fend for himself in life.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No way in hell would I take in that boy because I would be in jail within 10 minutes of him acting crazy ? She should send him to a boot camp
Deleted User 1986

Unread post

Nope. Not gonna happen.
Locked Previous topicNext topic