Interesting question

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Electricity is portable.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:29 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:30 am
Msprekteacher wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:54 am The same is said of their gasoline powered products. Sure you may have extra but eventually that will
Run out. Gas stations won’t help as their pumps won’t work. It’s not an interesting question it’s an asinine one.
You can bring gas in from other places in containers, or even go to another town to fill up. Electricity to power or recharge everything? Not so much. No, it’s not an asinine question. There are people who want want all vehicles electric only.
Have you ever been through a hurricane or it's after effects?
Not yet, hopefully not ever. We did purchase a dual fuel generator though.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:52 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:29 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:30 am

You can bring gas in from other places in containers, or even go to another town to fill up. Electricity to power or recharge everything? Not so much. No, it’s not an asinine question. There are people who want want all vehicles electric only.
Have you ever been through a hurricane or it's after effects?
Not yet, hopefully not ever. We did purchase a dual fuel generator though.
Good purchase.

I ask because you may not be aware of all the huge mobile generators recovery companies bring in to help clear debris. Yes, they run on diesel fuel, but they are available and I would imagine that's what Sally is talking about.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:12 am
Lemons wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:16 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:05 pm I never thought about this. How would you power things?

7694488E-08E9-4996-B7CE-DE1268488A13.jpeg
It’s going to be about 20 years before most cars are electric. Maybe turn gas stations into charging stations? Plus everyone will be able to charge at home.
You miss the point entirely. When a town is devastated and there is no electricity how will you power and charge your electric items?
You do without it. What do you think Florida did after Andrew? Puerto Rico after their hurricane? Irene, right? It wasn’t like homestead and Miami were capable of getting gasoline without electric. For cooking we had propane and grills. Or a fire pit. Perhaps in the future there will be electric via solar batteries like ds has to charge his phone. It’s a charger that works off of solar. We had to build a sign in a park with no electric. We had battery operated saws and drills. I imagine we might still use gasoline. And if one lives in a hurricane prone place one charges their items beforehand. You’d charge your car while you have electric. Just like now when we get the hurricane warning we fill our cars with gas, and buy propane for our lanterns and camp stoves. Because we may not get gas later.
Locked Previous topicNext topic