What kind of holiday shopper are you?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:59 pm When my kids were little I shopped the thrift stores all year round for like-new toys. I would hide them in the RV and then wrap them for the next gift holiday.

Now the kids are older and if they want something they negotiate with Dad and he doesn't wait until a holiday. Last several years we skipped Christmas.

This year we are having a dinner with the family and the group has specified, no gifts. We don't need anything, all of our houses are full. But, I went and bought a bunch of books anyway to play a Yankee Trade game. As long as we are all getting together, what's Christmas without a little unwrapping?
How many houses do you have?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Online.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I usually start picking stuff up around September. I’m basically done now. I might pick up a couple stocking stuffers yet. Since DH and I are both only children, our list is small, about 10 people including our kids.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am usually done by November. I’m still not done but have told everyone I am not going out again. It’s been a horrible year and this year I am not up for Christmas and just want to get it over with. It’s going to be a really hard Christmas this go round.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm a October-December 24th kind of shopper. I try to stay organized, but by December, I'm impulse buying and just out of control, HAHA!!
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Historically I have been more the last two weeks before Christmas shopper. However this year with shortages and supply issues I started in the middle of November and even got the stockings done last week. I have everything but the fresh veggies for Christmas dinner bought.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Let me put it this way. I’m done for NEXT year. I’ll likely see stuff I like though throughout the year and add because well it’s me,
i want candy!
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:39 am I'm a October-December 24th kind of shopper. I try to stay organized, but by December, I'm impulse buying and just out of control, HAHA!!
That is an accurate description of myself too, lol
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:26 am Historically I have been more the last two weeks before Christmas shopper. However this year with shortages and supply issues I started in the middle of November and even got the stockings done last week. I have everything but the fresh veggies for Christmas dinner bought.
With Christmas being a Saturday and 50% capacity limits the grocery stores are going to be insane on Thursday and Friday. I also am thinking he will do what he did last year and shut everything down starting December 26th. As he knew full well if he did it prior he would have caused absolute mayhem.

Like you grocery shopping is done, except fresh veggies and dairy. I am going out 7am on Thursday to get that stuff. Other than that as I said in the earlier posts I have no motivation to do shopping or anything, horrible year and I just want Christmas and this year over with. Next year has to be better, right??????
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I shop through the year. I try to be done before Thanksgiving.
Locked Previous topicNext topic