DS is missing his best friends birthday because he is grounded.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

The birthday trip is on Friday through Saturday DS is 17 and he is grounded for 3 more weeks. He snuck out in the middle of the night and took my car without permission and it broke down on the side of the road. He didn't even tell me I found out when I got a call from the police because he was out past curfew and they weren't sure if the car was stolen because it wasn't registered to him.

Needless to say I was extremely mad and he is grounded. He also lost some other privileges.

Well the birthday party is coming up. I guess DS assumed that he would be allowed to go. They have been best friends since pre school and he has never missed one.

It's not happening. When I ground one of my kids it is from everything beside school. The best friends mom is pissed off because she spent a lot of money for DS to go. I told her that he would pay her back but she still thinks he should be able to go and that I am ruining her son's birthday. I told her that the only one who ruined anything is my son when he made such poor decisions. She doesn't have to agree with my parenting decisions her opinion does not matter to me. If she wants to be angry she can be angry at my son. What he did was a huge deal and he doesn't deserve to be going on a trip while he is grounded.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm with you. They should be mad at your son for making such a stupid decision not with you.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Once you told her that she would be reimbursed for the money she spent, she should have STFU. Blaming a parent for teaching their child accountability is just ignorant and not her business.

Edit: Correction, auto spell. :S
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'm with you on this. And i think it's a great idea he pay her back.

Where is the trip to? Just curious
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't know what I would do in your situation. I am sorry you are going through this type of stress with your DS.

I do know, that if I was the other mother, I would be disappointed, but not say a word.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:12 am Once you told her that she would her reimbursed for the money she spent, she should have STFU. Blaming a parent for teaching their child accountability is just ignorant and not her business.
This ^^
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm with you on this one. He screwed up and doesn't deserve to go.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've never grounded my kids so missing out like this has never been an issue in my house.

You do you.
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

I'm kind of on his side.
He screwed up big time, but this is a once in a lifetime event that won't happen again most likely.

I'm not a big supporter of punishing no matter what the cost.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I rarely grounded my kids and when I did it was never for more then a few days. I believe that grounding creates isolation and thats simply not the way I parent.
Locked Previous topicNext topic