DS is missing his best friends birthday because he is grounded.

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s clear the other mom doesn’t care about your son. Sneaking out in the middle of the night doesn’t sit well with me and I would stick to my guns on the grounding. And I would dare anyone to say a word to me about it.
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I'm with you on this one. And wow on the mom's who don't punish their kids.
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

[quote=Lindsay post_id=876229 time=1635446360 user_id=1949]
I'm kind of on his side.
He screwed up big time, but this is a once in a lifetime event that won't happen again most likely.

I'm not a big supporter of punishing no matter what the cost.
[/quote]

So your kids can do anything they want, and get away with it?
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’m with you. He needs to learn accountability and that actions have consequences.
Him sneaking out and taking your car without permission is a MAJOR safety concern. That wouldn’t be something taken lightly in my house.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:36 pm I've never grounded my kids so missing out like this has never been an issue in my house.

You do you.
Hypothetically if you kid did what her son did how would they have been punished?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:39 pm I'm kind of on his side.
He screwed up big time, but this is a once in a lifetime event that won't happen again most likely.

So what would you have done if your child did what her son did?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m not sure what I would’ve done; my kids never were ones for sneaking out. But if I were the other mom I’d not complain to you. You’re paying me back which is all I can ask for.
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:18 am

So your kids can do anything they want, and get away with it?
Pretty sure I didn’t say that.

I’m just not a fan of punishing by taking away life experiences they won’t get the chance of having again.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:58 am I rarely grounded my kids and when I did it was never for more then a few days. I believe that grounding creates isolation and thats simply not the way I parent.
I haven't ever had to ground my kids for more than a few days before now. This was a much more serious thing. Hell if I had said he didn't have permission to take my car when they asked they would have arrested him and he could have been facing felony charges. That is how serious it is.

He also has a $535 ticket for being out past curfew and his license is suspended until he is 18.

A few days of punishment at home would not have been close to enough in my opinion.
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:49 am

So what would you have done if your child did what her son did?
Then that boy would be getting to work… muck the horse stall, mow the lawn, do the dishes, mow the neighbors lawn too while you’re at it…

If he wanted to start acting like a grown up , all the work that goes into being a grown up is going to come right along with it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic