AOC wears 'Tax The Rich' dress at $30K-per-ticket Met Gala

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., wore a white dress with the slogan "tax the rich" at the lavish Met Gala in New York, where tickets go for at least $30,000 each.

The wardrobe choice drew a mixed response on social media, with some praising Ocasio-Cortez's message and others calling it "obscenely out of touch and completely hypocritical."

Tickets to the Met Gala cost at least $30,000, The Associated Press reported. It's unclear if Ocasio-Cortez purchased a ticket.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-ta ... s-met-gala
Deleted User 1760

Unread post

She really seems to like attention. lol It's a beautiful gown, she's a very pretty woman, and being that it was the MET Gala, this was considerably tame compared to a lot of things I've seen from this event over the years.

Irony, however and once again, seemed to have escaped her possibly.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LizardAnnie wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:49 pm She really seems to like attention. lol It's a beautiful gown, she's a very pretty woman, and being that it was the MET Gala, this was considerably tame compared to a lot of things I've seen from this event over the years.

Seems to me she put her message about fair taxation right in the center of a massive display of wealth. Very effective, and certainly got people talking.
Deleted User 1760

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:52 pm
LizardAnnie wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:49 pm She really seems to like attention. lol It's a beautiful gown, she's a very pretty woman, and being that it was the MET Gala, this was considerably tame compared to a lot of things I've seen from this event over the years.

Seems to me she put her message about fair taxation right in the center of a massive display of wealth. Very effective, and certainly got people talking.
True and she's like that quite often...good or bad attention, she'll take it.

We had a 2 1/2 year houseguest (they lived with us for this long) that was rather narcissistic, too.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I swear I thought it was a meme as a joke. 😂😂😂

That dress was just as ugly and tacky as Joy Villa’s Trump dress.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

She is too extra for my taste too.

No disrespect to the designer but I didn’t care for the execution of that gown and I’ve never really considered AOC attractive but maybe it’s her personality that irks me.

She does come off thirsty for attention and shoving her political views down people’s throats.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:15 pm

No disrespect to the designer but I didn’t care for the execution of that gown and I’ve never really considered AOC attractive but maybe it’s her personality that irks me.

She does come off thirsty for attention and shoving her political views down people’s throats.
Isn't it kind of the job description of being an elected official to get your political views into the public conversation?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:25 pm

Isn't it kind of the job description of being an elected official to get your political views into the public conversation?
This is Met Gala. People will gossip about how ugly that gown is for a few days and forget about it. Just like that ugly Joy Villa Trump dress.

My opinion about AOC being annoying and thirsty is not just based on this one event.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s actually the best place for a message like that. I’m surprised she was invited, it seems to be actors and singers and reality people.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She’s a politician so it wasn’t so surprising she’d make a political statement in her gown. It’s ore annoying when a non-politician does it.

I’ve seen her in person and she is very tiny and cute. She doesn’t take a great picture.
Locked Previous topicNext topic