It’s a F***ing August eve-eve miracle!

Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My 17 year was supposed to register for classes at the community college on Saturday, when I asked her about it she said she “couldn’t” register. I told her she needed to call the school if she was having problems, she was off work today and I asked her if she was able to get any help and she said she called and didn’t get an answer... uh huh... so I told her if she wasn’t going to school that she would be paying rent so she needed to figure her shit out. All of the sudden she’s able to register! Of course now most of the classes she needs are full or wait listed she had fricken priority registration and now she’s going to have to take whatever she can fricken get because she waited until registration was open for everyone else. I swear this one is going to make me F***ing crazy.
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Giving her too much control mama.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Does she not want to go to college?
College Student

Unread post

I see all the damn time classmates that obviously aren’t ready for college. I’m 41. Most of my classmates are younger. Out of those I would say about 70% don’t give two shits. They want to copy off of those of us who care. They complain about professors who actually want them to do something. If she isn’t ready let her have some time. Without paying rent but paying for anything and everything she wants to do or buy.
Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

HanSolo wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:14 pm Giving her too much control mama.
She will be 18 in 12 days, she needs to take care of her shit with out me up her ass.
Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:20 pm Does she not want to go to college?
She’s just being lazy, she wants to do the culinary program at the community college but it has prerequisites pretty much an associates degree along with the cooking classes. If she wanted to do something else like trade school or whatever I’m cool with it but living at home working part time at the mall food court is not happening.
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Crazymom wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:36 pm
She will be 18 in 12 days, she needs to take care of her shit with out me up her ass.
Of course, but then is she going to skate by with worthless credits? I only have a 11 year old so don't take what I say with any frame of reference at all =0)
Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

College Student wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:34 pm I see all the damn time classmates that obviously aren’t ready for college. I’m 41. Most of my classmates are younger. Out of those I would say about 70% don’t give two shits. They want to copy off of those of us who care. They complain about professors who actually want them to do something. If she isn’t ready let her have some time. Without paying rent but paying for anything and everything she wants to do or buy.
If she’s not going to school she’s paying rent, if she wants to do trade school that’s fine if she wants to take a certificate program at the local adult school to be a pharmacy tech or nursing assistant or one of the dozens of programs they offer that’s fine too. But if she wants to work part time at the mall food court, and run around town or lay on her computer all day she can pay rent.
Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

HanSolo wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:41 pm
Of course, but then is she going to skate by with worthless credits? I only have a 11 year old so don't take what I say with any frame of reference at all =0)
If she wants to do the culinary arts program she has classes she has to take. Basic English, math, etc... basically the classes to get an associates from the college. I already told her I don’t care if she wants to take a certificate class at the adult school that’s free! And she could get trained to so dozens of jobs like a pharmacy tech. But she needs to do something! She’s aged to sign up for math class, English and ASL which counts as a foreign language.
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Crazymom wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:48 pm
HanSolo wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:41 pm

If she wants to do the culinary arts program she has classes she has to take. Basic English, math, etc... basically the classes to get an associates from the college. I already told her I don’t care if she wants to take a certificate class at the adult school that’s free! And she could get trained to so dozens of jobs like a pharmacy tech. But she needs to do something! She’s aged to sign up for math class, English and ASL which counts as a foreign language.
ASL can actually be a very lucrative and rewarding career. Also culinary arts! I wanted to do that but my dad wouldn't let me/support me in it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic