Rules Free News and Politics Forum

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Visit this link newsandpolitics/ if you would like to have the rules free N&P experience that a lot of you have been asking for since the beginning.

If you don't want to participate in the rules free experience then you are more than welcome to stay on the main board where rules will still apply.

Also includes news articles from various news outlets. If you would like a news website added please send me the websites RSS feed link. I only included a few RSS feeds that I could find easily by searching News RSS Feeds on google.

The same login has been bridged so you won't be logged out to access the new section of the site.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Is that so people can insult each other freely instead of having to behave themselves?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's so people can discuss things freely... and so I can play with RSS feeds lol.
Frau Holle wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:55 pm Is that so people can insult each other freely instead of having to behave themselves?
🤓The Admin 🤓
BGL2020
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I just saw this. It tells me to log in but no log in option available.
TheBadKitty
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I saw login option but it takes me back to the home aka landing page of MC. Why not just make a normal group or forum and allow people to choose to join or not?
TheBadKitty
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:25 pm It's so people can discuss things freely... and so I can play with RSS feeds lol.
Frau Holle wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:55 pm Is that so people can insult each other freely instead of having to behave themselves?
Why RSS feed? I don’t think anyone uses them anymore.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It posts full articles automatically which in turn helps SEO.
TheBadKitty wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:15 pm
12skipafew wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:25 pm It's so people can discuss things freely... and so I can play with RSS feeds lol.
🤓The Admin 🤓
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s because of the phpbb bridge. I’m working on it.
BGL2020 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:54 pm I just saw this. It tells me to log in but no log in option available.
🤓The Admin 🤓
TheBadKitty
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:09 pm It posts full articles automatically which in turn helps SEO.
We had a committee meeting amount web developers for.iniversity websites and agreed.that the function and.purpose of res is outdated and not necessary. The original purpose was to provide quick access to information which were used through software say like Outlook for news and information. People don't use them anymore and there are other ways to improve SEO.

I am not knocking you for it but it isn't worth a lot of time or investment imo.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The RSS isn’t the issue that only took about 5 minutes to look up 1 website that had a list of the links and then copy and paste. RSS has its uses for instance I have another site that uses an RSS feed to provide real time notifications. It’s just a simple way of automating information. Set it and forget kinda thing.
TheBadKitty wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:36 pm
12skipafew wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:09 pm It posts full articles automatically which in turn helps SEO.

We had a committee meeting amount web developers for.iniversity websites and agreed.that the function and.purpose of res is outdated and not necessary. The original purpose was to provide quick access to information which were used through software say like Outlook for news and information. People don't use them anymore and there are other ways to improve SEO.

I am not knocking you for it but it isn't worth a lot of time or investment imo.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic