All together now...

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Even Martin Luther King said that anti-Zionism was inherently antisemitic.

http://www.umich.edu/~zionists/mlk.htm

“You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely 'anti-Zionist.' And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--this is God's own truth.

"Antisemitism, the hatred of the Jewish people, has been and remains a blot on the soul of mankind. In this we are in full agreement. So know also this: anti-Zionist is inherently antisemitic, and ever will be so.”

The same goes for people criticizing Israel for defending itself today. It’s about inequality, creating a double standard when it comes to Israel. I mean, if another country started firing 4,000 missiles at America, wouldn’t you expect your country to defend itself by ay means? If there were internal terrorists attacking innocent people, would you expect your country to protect its citizens? Do you or do you not support America deporting illegal immigrants? I mean, if you don’t then at least that’s not giving Israel less rights as a nation on your part.
And maybe it’s not purposeful and you really mean no hatred for Jews. But chances are that many of the reasons you disagree with Israel are based on the lies and propaganda spread by anti-Semites. They do that a lot: harming Israel’s reputation harms Jews all over the world, as we clearly see now. It happened here, someone saying that this whole thing started because Israel was stealing the homes of some Palestinian families and giving them to Israelis and then when these families rioted and threw a few stones at police they were “all killed” by the IDF with guns and grenades. It’s a total lie. But who created and spreads those lies? Anti-semites. And they make people who allegedly don’t hate Jews, condemn Israel and have this double standard as what Israel has to a right to for self defense.
Pjmm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:49 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:54 pm People targeted Muslims because the attackers were using Islam as their reason. Every single example you gave was of people generalizing a specific group. It was the misconception that everyone in that group should pay. So why not attack Israelis then? Why push it to Jews? If you’re just “disagreeing with Israeli politics” then why target Jews that aren’t even in Israel? That means that it’s those who are doing the attacking mg the ones not being able to make a distinction, then why should those of us that are being attacked have that consideration?
If you don’t want people against Israel to be labeled as antisemitic then maybe what you should be asking is that that themselves stop vilifying Jews in general over the actions of a couple of politicians. But when I see people all over the world with Palestinian flags saying “f**k Jews!”, “kill their sons and rape their daughters!” you really can’t be annoyed at me for realizing that antisemitism is hiding so well behind the “commendable” position of disagreeing with Israel’s politics.
Pjmm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:45 pm

Probably for the same reason everyone targeted Muslim mosques after 9-11 or after the bombing of the Boston marathon which I think was a Islamic terrorist. Or why America has Japanese internment camps during WWII. And why my Italian great grandfather was considered a hostile alien during WWII. The actions of a few affect everyone of that ethnicity or religion. It’s stupid af but how it is and it needs to stop. It’s why I’m glad Sanders criticized Israel. He’s Jewish and maybe hearing him will make people realize one can be Jewish, American or whatever and not like their country’s actions. Personally I think both sides hold blame and both sides have needs that must be considered. Both need to reign in their terrorist groups and work together. I just don’t think they ever will.
I’ve been thinking of your question and the only answer I’ve got is that people think to Jews Israel is the promised land, their true homeland. So Israel right or wrong to Jews. I mean America thought if you were Italian during WWII perhaps you identified with Mussolini. Idk but maybe that’s why they target Jews. I’m sure it’s not just what Israel is doing. The anti-Semitics will take any excuse to unleash their hatred. I’m saying for me personally I don’t agree with Israel. Same with some American politicians. We could be wrong but it’s not anti-Semitism for us. That’s all. I understand the whole thing is too difficult to fully address here.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:24 am Exactly!!! And that’s where your assessment of the situation is totally mistaken! Israel has never, ever, EVER had a problem with Palestinians having their own country. They took the little piece of land GIVEN to them and started building a country. If the Palestinians had done the same, there wouldn’t be a problem because Israel never objected to Palestine existing. A different tune from the Palestinians who always rejected the notion of a Jewish state.
Netanyahu himself said it: “If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more ‎violence. If the Jews put ‎down their weapons ‎today, there would be no ‎more Israel'‎”. Golda Meir said: “Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate ours.”
So it’s not Israel the one trying to eliminate the other side. I mean, the Israeli Army is probably second best in the world after the U.S. If Israel believed that Palestine shouldn’t exist, it wouldn’t. Israel could very well erase Palestine off the map is it we’re inclined to do so. But Israel isn’t the one picking fights and wanting to annihilate the other side.

And if these people didn’t have a religious prejudice, Jews wouldn’t be suffering attacks all over the world over Israel defending itself. And in fact, no one would be debating Israel’s right to defend itself with full force. Like I asked you on another thread, if a country threw 4,000 rocket missiles at the U.S would you criticize America if it retaliated and defended its territory and its people with all they got?

And as for the definition... it’s not the Jews that coined the term. So no, it’s not about “us vs them” as if we’re deserving of the title and they aren’t. Third parties coined the term. But again, I’m more than happy to use “Jew hater” if you think that term is more fair.
Frau Holle wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:27 am I think it’s been moulded into a term now meant to separate the “us from them” between two groups of people from the exact same area with the intention of deciding who gets to be there.

Both Israelites and Palestinians deserve to be there.

I think it’s quite unfair to suggest that all of these people have a religious prejudice against one group because they don’t support the decisions of an overreaching government.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:21 am Let’s not nitpick at word origins. By NOW, the word “antisemitic” in pretty much every language means someone who hates Jews.
Now, if you think it’s better we can start calling these people “Jew haters”, I don’t mind since that’s what they are.

I was watching an interesting video last week that revealed that Palestine was offered portions of land 5 different times and refused each time. The last time Israel offered to give up 80% of the land to them I think. Stubbornly refused each time. I guess in their minds they want all it nothing? So it appears the effort has been more than made by Israel.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:32 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:24 am Exactly!!! And that’s where your assessment of the situation is totally mistaken! Israel has never, ever, EVER had a problem with Palestinians having their own country. They took the little piece of land GIVEN to them and started building a country. If the Palestinians had done the same, there wouldn’t be a problem because Israel never objected to Palestine existing. A different tune from the Palestinians who always rejected the notion of a Jewish state.
Netanyahu himself said it: “If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more ‎violence. If the Jews put ‎down their weapons ‎today, there would be no ‎more Israel'‎”. Golda Meir said: “Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate ours.”
So it’s not Israel the one trying to eliminate the other side. I mean, the Israeli Army is probably second best in the world after the U.S. If Israel believed that Palestine shouldn’t exist, it wouldn’t. Israel could very well erase Palestine off the map is it we’re inclined to do so. But Israel isn’t the one picking fights and wanting to annihilate the other side.

And if these people didn’t have a religious prejudice, Jews wouldn’t be suffering attacks all over the world over Israel defending itself. And in fact, no one would be debating Israel’s right to defend itself with full force. Like I asked you on another thread, if a country threw 4,000 rocket missiles at the U.S would you criticize America if it retaliated and defended its territory and its people with all they got?

And as for the definition... it’s not the Jews that coined the term. So no, it’s not about “us vs them” as if we’re deserving of the title and they aren’t. Third parties coined the term. But again, I’m more than happy to use “Jew hater” if you think that term is more fair.
Frau Holle wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:27 am I think it’s been moulded into a term now meant to separate the “us from them” between two groups of people from the exact same area with the intention of deciding who gets to be there.

I think it’s quite unfair to suggest that all of these people have a religious prejudice against one group because they don’t support the decisions of an overreaching government.

I was watching an interesting video last week that revealed that Palestine was offered portions of land 5 different times and refused each time. The last time Israel offered to give up 80% of the land to them I think. Stubbornly refused each time. I guess in their minds they want all it nothing? So it appears the effort has been more than made by Israel.
Do you think that is true? That Israel offered to give 80% of their land to Palestinians?

Israeli news says “in theory” it’s true “according to a source” in an article about why Palestinians are unreasonable , Palestinian news says the opposite,

So what does the associated press that is not involved with either the land or the religions, the non biased reporters, say happened?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:52 am Even Martin Luther King said that anti-Zionism was inherently antisemitic.

“You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely 'anti-Zionist.' And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--this is God's own truth.

"Antisemitism, the hatred of the Jewish people, has been and remains a blot on the soul of mankind. In this we are in full agreement. So know also this: anti-Zionist is inherently antisemitic, and ever will be so.”

The same goes for people criticizing Israel for defending itself today. It’s about inequality, creating a double standard when it comes to Israel. I mean, if another country started firing 4,000 missiles at America, wouldn’t you expect your country to defend itself by ay means? If there were internal terrorists attacking innocent people, would you expect your country to protect its citizens? Do you or do you not support America deporting illegal immigrants? I mean, if you don’t then at least that’s not giving Israel less rights as a nation on your part.
And maybe it’s not purposeful and you really mean no hatred for Jews. But chances are that many of the reasons you disagree with Israel are based on the lies and propaganda spread by anti-Semites. They do that a lot: harming Israel’s reputation harms Jews all over the world, as we clearly see now. It happened here, someone saying that this whole thing started because Israel was stealing the homes of some Palestinian families and giving them to Israelis and then when these families rioted and threw a few stones at police they were “all killed” by the IDF with guns and grenades. It’s a total lie. But who created and spreads those lies? Anti-semites. And they make people who allegedly don’t hate Jews, condemn Israel and have this double standard as what Israel has to a right to for self defense.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:54 pm People targeted Muslims because the attackers were using Islam as their reason. Every single example you gave was of people generalizing a specific group. It was the misconception that everyone in that group should pay. So why not attack Israelis then? Why push it to Jews? If you’re just “disagreeing with Israeli politics” then why target Jews that aren’t even in Israel? That means that it’s those who are doing the attacking mg the ones not being able to make a distinction, then why should those of us that are being attacked have that consideration?
If you don’t want people against Israel to be labeled as antisemitic then maybe what you should be asking is that that themselves stop vilifying Jews in general over the actions of a couple of politicians. But when I see people all over the world with Palestinian flags saying “f**k Jews!”, “kill their sons and rape their daughters!” you really can’t be annoyed at me for realizing that antisemitism is hiding so well behind the “commendable” position of disagreeing with Israel’s politics.

I’ve been thinking of your question and the only answer I’ve got is that people think to Jews Israel is the promised land, their true homeland. So Israel right or wrong to Jews. I mean America thought if you were Italian during WWII perhaps you identified with Mussolini. Idk but maybe that’s why they target Jews. I’m sure it’s not just what Israel is doing. The anti-Semitics will take any excuse to unleash their hatred. I’m saying for me personally I don’t agree with Israel. Same with some American politicians. We could be wrong but it’s not anti-Semitism for us. That’s all. I understand the whole thing is too difficult to fully address here.
But I’m not anti Zionist as I understand the word. If Palestine attacks Israel of course it can defend itself. All I ask was this attack on Gaza necessary? Did Netanyahu do the right thing and could have this whole thing been avoided in the first place? Why were mosques raided? Idk but I don’t think it’s anti Zionist to ask those questions. I’d ask them of Hamas. Was there any other answer than shooting 200 rockets at Israel? The whole thing, and granted I’m not Jewish, just sounds insane. But that’s not the fault of the Jews or the Muslims and no one should be targeted for them.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When the partitioning proposals were first made, it was flat out refused by the Palestinians, it was also not heavily supported by the Jewish Agency and not at all by Irgun. Ben-Gurion however stated that accepting was the first step to gaining all of the land.

There has never been an offer to give up 80% of the land, does that even make sense? That a country would willingly give up 80%? No, the last proposal was to LEASE 90% of the West Bank. With the 10% being scattered throughout the West Bank, these things would have made establishing their own independent state still impossible. Even US observers to the negotiations said that it was clear Israel was willing to give up 90% of the West Bank, but only in principle. Think what the US has done with Native American tribes with the difference being we have given not leased the lands to the tribes.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:43 pm

When the partitioning proposals were first made, it was flat out refused by the Palestinians, it was also not heavily supported by the Jewish Agency and not at all by Irgun. Ben-Gurion however stated that accepting was the first step to gaining all of the land.

There has never been an offer to give up 80% of the land, does that even make sense? That a country would willingly give up 80%? No, the last proposal was to LEASE 90% of the West Bank. With the 10% being scattered throughout the West Bank, these things would have made establishing their own independent state still impossible. Even US observers to the negotiations said that it was clear Israel was willing to give up 90% of the West Bank, but only in principle. Think what the US has done with Native American tribes with the difference being we have given not leased the lands to the tribes.
I'm just learning more about this now. It's nothing I've ever dug deeply into, just heard about peripherally. There's lot of moving parts to this and I know its been going on for eons. I was unaware that there were attempts made at reaching accord with the land. I'm just really praying that there can be some kind of peaceful resolution reached for all involved.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:44 am

Do you think that is true? That Israel offered to give 80% of their land to Palestinians?

Israeli news says “in theory” it’s true “according to a source” in an article about why Palestinians are unreasonable , Palestinian news says the opposite,

So what does the associated press that is not involved with either the land or the religions, the non biased reporters, say happened?
I was unaware that there were 5 offers made over the years. I've not done a great deal of investigation on this, thus I don't have an intelligent opinion. I'm just trying to learn. The only thing I have to say is that I hope some type of peace can be reached for both side's sake.

I don't trust word one from the media or reporters Frau. I haven't since 9/11, so what they have to say is immaterial to me.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Because unfortunately this is a negative result of narrowing down a definition to only a specific people and that new definition being accepted. Israel has done this and many Israeli news medias have nurtured it. The side that refuses to acknowledge Palestinians as Palestinians divided the nation into Jews and Arabs. So the conflict is described as being between Jews and Arabs, using the terms Israeli Jews or Israeli Arabs would be like saying Chinese Hans or Chinese Uighurs in a Chinese news publication. In fact, I’ve read headlines from Israeli publications that were things like 3 Jews arrested for pulling Arab man from car in lynching attempt. 6 Jews arrested in mob attack of Arab man. This has contributed to Israeli equaling Jewish instead of multiple peoples. Now, we already know people are idiots. Do you think any of the Asians attacked recently were “checked out” by their attackers to confirm they were Chinese? Or even whether they were an immigration or born US citizens. No, they saw someone of Asian descent and attacked. Just like those attacking Jews do not differentiate. It’s not ok, it’s not alright. Hate and anger doesn’t lead to thinking and reasoning to make distinctions that should be made.

I am praying for your ds, because no one should live in fear of being attacked because of their religion. No one should live in fear of being attacked because of their ethnicity. No one should live in fear of being attacked because of their nationality. No one should live in fear of being attacked because of their gender or sexual orientation. The list of those who carry those fears the list of reasons, it’s so absurd, and disgustingly horrific.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:02 pm Since no one else has answered this question, maybe you’d like to do so. If it’s about “criticizing Israel”, then why are JEWS around the world being attacked, targeted and killed every time Israel starts defending itself from Hamas’ attacks? Why is it that you see people carrying the Palestinian flag making Jew hating remarks, not speaking against Israel but against Jews? Can you really blame Jews when they’re being attacked by people claiming they’re just “disagreeing with Israel”?
I’m sorry, but as long as these people are the ones refusing to make the distinction between Israel and Jews, I’ll refuse to make the distinction between anti-Israel and Jew hater. It annoys you that people who are against Israel get labeled as anti-Semitic? Well, it annoys me that because some people have certain beliefs about the Israeli government that my fellow Jews get attacked and I worry every day about my son living in America. I’m holding off for now, but if things continue to get worse I may have to bring him home.
And no, no school or hospital was destroyed. Even though Hamas uses those types of buildings as their launch sites hoping Israel would attack and they can play victim.
Pjmm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:50 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:41 am Who gave Israel to Jewish people again? Was it the Palestinians that were living there, or did they not really have a choice in the matter?

Golda Meir was an extremely prejudice person. She literally tried to paint the picture of people being driven from their homes as soulless people who don’t even love their children as much as they love violence. It was their homes being taken.

And yes, a third party did coin the term, and Arabs are included in the definition.

Honestly I think both sides committed atrocities. It’s a damned Gordian knot to me and probably even to Palestine and Israel. It also annoys me that if someone criticizes Israel they might be seen as anti-semetic. Which brings me to AOC and maybe BLM. I don’t know what they’ve said but Most likely some of them are just angry at Israel and what The hell did anyone expect from Omar? Love and joy? Didn’t a hospital and a school get destroyed?
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:09 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:43 pm

I'm just learning more about this now. It's nothing I've ever dug deeply into, just heard about peripherally. There's lot of moving parts to this and I know its been going on for eons. I was unaware that there were attempts made at reaching accord with the land. I'm just really praying that there can be some kind of peaceful resolution reached for all involved.
It really is a complicated and messy conflict with both sides having valid points and both sides doing wrong to the other. Bush Sr was heavily criticized for his Middle East policies, but he was also the first president to send someone to try to actually mediate for peace in the Israeli-Palestinian conflicts. I am hoping that a peaceful resolution will be reached as well.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Of course it was necessary! Over 4,000 rocket missiles were aimed at Israel from Gaza, not 200. And they were deployed from residential neighborhoods precisely to use the Palestinian citizens as “human shields” force protection of Hamas. It’s Hamas’ classic tactic. But those targets needed to be destroyed to stop all those missiles.
Pjmm wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:42 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:52 am Even Martin Luther King said that anti-Zionism was inherently antisemitic.

But I’m not anti Zionist as I understand the word. If Palestine attacks Israel of course it can defend itself. All I ask was this attack on Gaza necessary? Did Netanyahu do the right thing and could have this whole thing been avoided in the first place? Why were mosques raided? Idk but I don’t think it’s anti Zionist to ask those questions. I’d ask them of Hamas. Was there any other answer than shooting 200 rockets at Israel? The whole thing, and granted I’m not Jewish, just sounds insane. But that’s not the fault of the Jews or the Muslims and no one should be targeted for them.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic