Alice Cooper on voting....

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:49 am No, I don't agree with him either. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. A musician has a right to express his opinion just like anyone else. If a fan cannot think for him or her self then that is not the celebrity's fault, it's the fan's fault.
Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. People are not entitled to tell you what your opinion should be or that you must agree with their opinion or you are a racist, homophobe, etc.

He didn’t say opinion, he said they don’t have the right to tell you WHO TO VOTE FOR. They don’t and that is in no way the same as voicing an opinion.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A bit full of himself.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I use to listen to his syndicated show Nights With Alice and found him to be an intelligent person [who never spoke about politics on his program].
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This. No one is being forced to vote one way or another. People give their opinions,
MonarchMom wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:29 am I don't see it. It is not abusive to share your opinion. No one is forcing anyone to agree, or making you follow the advice of someone because you are a fan. Musicians, actors, athletes, authors, or any public figure have the same right to free speech as the rest of us.

I'm a lot more concerned with the use of corporate money to pay lobbyists, spread disinformation, or influence lawmakers than I am with individual celebrities having influence.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It is a tradition of Western Civilization going back to the ancient Greeks that humans should present their views in a marketplace of ideas where they can be weighed upon their merits.

If no one should be allowed to suggest your course of action, how do we allow advertising?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:13 am 49F121B8-1FF4-4444-84D1-B79FB9A70E70.jpeg

He makes a lot of sense!
Was he talking about Nugent?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic