Conservative Views

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:37 pm
LizardAnnie wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:07 pm I'll admit, before Trump campaigned for/became POTUS, I honestly didn't pay much attention to politics. Has it always been this way for Conservatives?
A bit under Clinton. It got worse under Bush because of the close elections and he leaned more moderate than conservative IMO. It ratcheted up under Obama. If you didn’t agree with him, and most conservatives didn’t, it was because you were racist and didn’t like a black man in the White House.
Idk. I didn’t get that but I don’t always discuss politics. Basically I didn’t like his bailout and his healthcare plan needs work. Now I think the bailout was necessary and I still don’t like his healthcare plan. But I liked him personally. What I used to hear from a couple of people were very nasty comments about his race. I felt that was extremely uncalled for. But the guy who said them was an angry bitter person with a log up his ass the way he acted. But I wasn’t called a racist myself for disliking his policies.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:29 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:52 pm

A bit under Clinton. It got worse under Bush because of the close elections and he leaned more moderate than conservative IMO. It ratcheted up under Obama. If you didn’t agree with him, and most conservatives didn’t, it was because you were racist and didn’t like a black man in the White House.
The only ones that I really heard accused of racism regarding Obama were case in which there was clear racism OR birthers. But that’s the interesting thing about perspectives and that not everyone has the same shared experiences.
There is a person that posts here, who shall remain nameless, who still says you’re a racist if you disagree with anything Obama said or did. So basically every conservative.
Point taken, but do you think all or most liberals make that generalization? (Not asking combatively) It seems to me most people could benefit if we all stopped using the measuring sticks that a few use in viewing others.

Maybe I’m interpreting the meme wrong, I am taking it as conservatives feeling their views are being oppressed. Unless the position infringes on the rights of others, I say live and let live. If I am interpreting the meme correctly, then maybe the question should be what is causing that feeling? Is there compromises not being made? Is the issues something in which one side or other takes the “agree with me or your wrong” position? Or is it that cycle of offensive/defensiveness that I mentioned in another reply?
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Sad. You can’t be openly bigoted anymore. What a tragedy.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m Conservative and I never felt muzzled in any way.
Maybe it’s just that my Conservative views don’t come with the racist, elitist, bigoted and supremacist ideas that more extreme Conservatives tend to have. 🤷‍♀️ I may be very Conservative in my views, but in my attitudes I’m pretty live-and-let-live.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1855

Unread post

Are the moms here smarter than a 5th grader? If they can't see the clear bias then NO.

Middle Schooler Proves Google Search Results Influence Political Opinions

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinander ... 2653f94371
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mitch McConnell led the charge against Obama. But he would say he’s not racist as his wife isn’t white.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:52 pm
LizardAnnie wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:07 pm I'll admit, before Trump campaigned for/became POTUS, I honestly didn't pay much attention to politics. Has it always been this way for Conservatives?
The only ones that I really heard accused of racism regarding Obama were case in which there was clear racism OR birthers. But that’s the interesting thing about perspectives and that not everyone has the same shared experiences.
Locked Previous topicNext topic