Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

index.jpg
index.jpg (6.59 KiB) Viewed 1211 times
Deleted User 1760

Unread post

I'll admit, before Trump campaigned for/became POTUS, I honestly didn't pay much attention to politics. Has it always been this way for Conservatives?
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LizardAnnie wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:07 pm I'll admit, before Trump campaigned for/became POTUS, I honestly didn't pay much attention to politics. Has it always been this way for Conservatives?
A bit under Clinton. It got worse under Bush because of the close elections and he leaned more moderate than conservative IMO. It ratcheted up under Obama. If you didn’t agree with him, and most conservatives didn’t, it was because you were racist and didn’t like a black man in the White House.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LizardAnnie wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:07 pm I'll admit, before Trump campaigned for/became POTUS, I honestly didn't pay much attention to politics. Has it always been this way for Conservatives?
They were never as whiny as they are now. And Trump, the whiny little bitch, made it a thing to claim persecution of the right wing.

Trump brought the hate and divisiveness to a new kind of level, that’s why you probably never thought about it before his presidency
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Imo, it’s been a gradual progression but it really escalated with Trump’s election to extreme noticeability As he brought out the worst in people on both sides.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:37 pm
A bit under Clinton. It got worse under Bush because of the close elections and he leaned more moderate than conservative IMO. It ratcheted up under Obama. If you didn’t agree with him, and most conservatives didn’t, it was because you were racist and didn’t like a black man in the White House.
The only ones that I really heard accused of racism regarding Obama were case in which there was clear racism OR birthers. But that’s the interesting thing about perspectives and that not everyone has the same shared experiences.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree with this! That division was also a gradual process, Trump didn’t cause it, by he definitely used it and exploited it for his benefit. He did bring out the worst in people. That’s his “gift”.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:48 pm
Imo, it’s been a gradual progression but it really escalated with Trump’s election to extreme noticeability As he brought out the worst in people on both sides.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:52 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:37 pm
The only ones that I really heard accused of racism regarding Obama were case in which there was clear racism OR birthers. But that’s the interesting thing about perspectives and that not everyone has the same shared experiences.
There is a person that posts here, who shall remain nameless, who still says you’re a racist if you disagree with anything Obama said or did. So basically every conservative.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What even are they?

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The division has definitely been a gradual progression as well. It seems like it’s been caused by reactionary offensive/defensive behavior and thinking. People aren’t communicating, aren’t listening, are reacting, aren’t willing to compromise. Isn’t the US supposed to be for the people, by the people? The only way for that to happen is through compromise or total assimilation to one way of thinking.

I just think Trump has been playing a stereotype. While I didn’t care for him before, he never strict me as that negative conservative stereotype. People change but usually not that much over night.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:18 pm I agree with this! That division was also a gradual process, Trump didn’t cause it, by he definitely used it and exploited it for his benefit. He did bring out the worst in people. That’s his “gift”.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:48 pm
Locked Previous topicNext topic