Princess Royal

Unread post

012dceeb1fe9807a394c3371b05963b05a9d47241a.jpg
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lol
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's funny.
Deleted User 1760

Unread post

😂
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's two words, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

In an early episode of Frasier, Frasier and Niles were in the coffee shop and Frasier was telling him about the trials of having his dad live with him. They were eating breakfast and Frasier asked his dad for something (can't remember, not relevant to the joke) and his dad said "What's the magic word?" and Frasier replied "Nursing Home." lol. His dad was not amused.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not everything that is offensive needs to change, only that which is also oppressive.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

“I’m oppressed” is also a very abused phrase.
It has changed to being treated badly, to not being treated exactly the same way, to now not being treated better.
It has also gone from being harmed, abused and enslaved to “being looked at funny”.
So ultimately, who decides who’s actually being “oppressed” in order to know when the line was crossed?
SallyMae wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:24 pm Not everything that is offensive needs to change, only that which is also oppressive.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:25 pm “I’m oppressed” is also a very abused phrase.
It has changed to being treated badly, to not being treated exactly the same way, to now not being treated better.
It has also gone from being harmed, abused and enslaved to “being looked at funny”.
So ultimately, who decides who’s actually being “oppressed” in order to know when the line was crossed?
SallyMae wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:24 pm Not everything that is offensive needs to change, only that which is also oppressive.
Like everything real, oppression can be demonstrated.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I certainly hope so.
But even then, opinions tend to vary.
Take your usual “bakery doesn’t want to make a cake for a gay wedding” incident. The couple may say they’re “oppressed” because they’re being rejected as clients. But the bakery can say that they’re being “oppressed” because they’re being forced to put their name on an event they morally object to.
So who’s actually being “oppressed”? I mean, I know what you will say, but fact is, both have a point. The couple’s sexuality and right to enter into a legal relationship is attacked, but then the baker’s right to not appear to condone an action they find morally wrong and in some way contribute to it is also attacked.
So if you want to put personal feelings aside and use pure logic both parties can cry “oppression” and both would have a point. Don’t just see the one you agree with it and vilify the other.
So how can you demonstrate that only one part is being oppressed?
SallyMae wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:58 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:25 pm “I’m oppressed” is also a very abused phrase.
Like everything real, oppression can be demonstrated.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic