Gotta have your priorities in order

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

https://www.azfamily.com/news/us_world_ ... f91d8.html

Police: Father of baby found dead inside car rejected offers to break window to avoid repair bill

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police arrested the father of a toddler found in a hot car Monday night.

Sidney Deal, 27, was arrested Tuesday, according to court records. LVMPD confirmed Deal's arrest Tuesday afternoon.

According to Deal's arrest report, he flagged down a patrol unit and said he accidentally locked his keys in the car and left it running while his daughter was inside.

An officer tried to call for a tow truck and locksmith and offered to break the window. Deal asked the officer instead to call his brother. After several minutes, the officer broke the back window to get inside the car.

(Go to link for full story)

So yeah, let's not worry about the safety of your baby but rather the expense of fixing a broken window. {{eyeroll}} Some people really should not be parents.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Crap, I would have broken the window myself. Some people need to be examined to make sure they have a working brain.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't understand why it was an offer and not "we're going to break the window"
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:29 pm I don't understand why it was an offer and not "we're going to break the window"
I wondered about that too, but I don't know what standard protocol is in that type of situation.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Was the baby dead when they got there? I don't know why they didn't just break the window anyways.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

According to OPs link, yes.
That “father”’is disgusting.
carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:54 pm Was the baby dead when they got there? I don't know why they didn't just break the window anyways.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I locked my oldest in my car when she was about a year old. I realized it as I was closing the door. Tried to stop it with my hand, but couldn't. I went and got a hammer and broke the window. I didn't give a crap about the car, even though it was new.

I don't believe the air conditioner story, but I hope to learn that it malfunctioned.

He's a disgrace to fatherhood.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:29 pm I don't understand why it was an offer and not "we're going to break the window"
I don’t get that either. Seems like that’s the first thing the police officer should have done.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:45 pm
I don’t get that either. Seems like that’s the first thing the police officer should have done.
Yeah. They can go into a house with force for a wellness check. I don't see how they could've just asked to break the window.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:47 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:45 pm
Yeah. They can go into a house with force for a wellness check. I don't see how they could've just asked to break the window.
I read another article about this.. He refused the tow truck because the price quote was too high This guy is nuts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic