Getting teeth pulled

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My 10 year old has to have 2 teeth pulled and she's so nervous. Any tips to help her before, during, or after?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Are they milk teeth or permanent teeth? If they're milk teeth, I had the same thing done around that age and it was really quite painless!

Either way, pick lots of yummy foods that she'll be able to eat while the extraction sites heal. Maybe buy something special that she'll be able to eat once everything has healed as well. 😊
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:41 am Are they milk teeth or permanent teeth? If they're milk teeth, I had the same thing done around that age and it was really quite painless!

Either way, pick lots of yummy foods that she'll be able to eat while the extraction sites heal. Maybe buy something special that she'll be able to eat once everything has healed as well. 😊
They're her 2nd premolars on the top so baby teeth
Anonymous 1

Unread post

She had a front tooth pulled just before she turned 2 but she wasn't really aware of it. I had my exposed wisdom teeth out last year and I think that makes her nervous seeing that it was hard on me even though I keep telling her hers won't be as bad.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Is the dentist going to give her gas? I had some teeth pulled in prep for getting braces when I was around that age. I just got novacaine shots. Which were painful. If she gets gas, she won't remember it at all.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It wasn't so bad for my son as I recall. Maybe soft foods that night for dinner. What was really bad- he's dramatic mind you- was the palate expander before he got braces. I thought I'd kill him because he couldn't eat and thought his life was over. I'd say get your dd laughing gas. My son didn't have it for his tooth. he had needles and novacain. I think that's the worse of the whole thing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:08 pm Is the dentist going to give her gas? I had some teeth pulled in prep for getting braces when I was around that age. I just got novacaine shots. Which were painful. If she gets gas, she won't remember it at all.
Last time she had it done (same dentist) they gave her gas and used the numbing stuff before the shot.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:08 pm It wasn't so bad for my son as I recall. Maybe soft foods that night for dinner. What was really bad- he's dramatic mind you- was the palate expander before he got braces. I thought I'd kill him because he couldn't eat and thought his life was over. I'd say get your dd laughing gas. My son didn't have it for his tooth. he had needles and novacain. I think that's the worse of the whole thing.
Her dentist typically does gas. Thank you.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Does she have an mp3 player that she can listen to music to help distract her?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:21 pm Does she have an mp3 player that she can listen to music to help distract her?
She does! But her dentist has a TV on the ceiling and as the kid with a procedure happening she will get to choose the movie. The kids getting cleanings, etc get stuck with what she picks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic