What does giving a gift mean to you ?

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Is it an item or token you give to someone in the hopes that it increases their joy in life...

Or is it a token of mutual gratification, holding the belief that you will also get something in return ?
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Do you mean giving someone a random gift?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think it’s a bit of both.
I give gifts to people I care about, hoping it’s something they’ll enjoy and will sense my feelings for them by it. It’s the same when I receive a gift, so that’s why I think it’s a mutual thing. That doesn’t mean, though, that you give a gift just to receive one back. But that reciprocity is nice.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:03 am Do you mean giving someone a random gift?
Weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, baby showers... Any of them.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:11 am
Reedusstalker wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:03 am Do you mean giving someone a random gift?
Weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, baby showers... Any of them.
I dont expect anything but a thank you. Weddings, birthdays and baby showers i get a gift because youree supposed too.

Sometimes i like to just get someone a card or small gift if i know they are struggling with something. Just to give them a boost
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I give gifts because I like making people happy. I give random little gifts all the time when I see something I think they would love.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I give gifts because I want to make someone feel special or appreciated and it lets the person know I was thinking of them.

Unread post

Giving makes me happy. I don't even care to get a thank you in return.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:17 am I give gifts because I like making people happy. I give random little gifts all the time when I see something I think they would love.
I love giving gifts.
One year I bought our security guard, the cleaning lady and two little girls gifts for Christmas just so I could see them open it up. The two little girls both got these small plush unicorns that they carried around with them for weeks.
It's been a couple years now, I'm sure they lost them somewhere but it was nice to see them enjoy it. For the security guard lady and cleaning lady they both got a nice candle.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Well its not as simple as you put it. People should give gifts freely but there is also a point of being taken advantage of. If I give someone 100 gifts and they never get me even 1 gift. That is fucked up. And I would have a right to be mad about it. Because they are not trying to reciprocate at all. It makes them into a user.

Like I stopped getting christmas and birthday gifts for my BFF because she never gave me gifts. I just figured its better to not give gifts then because its awkward with me always having something for her and her never having anything for me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic