Florida Sheriff Orders Deputies And Staff Not To Wear Face Masks

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The sheriff in a central Florida COVID-19 hot spot has issued a directive prohibiting deputies, staff and visitors to department offices from wearing protective face masks, an order that came as a local mayor and city council squared off over a mask ordinance for businesses.

Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods sent an email Tuesday informing the approximately 900 people working in the department that "when you are on-duty/working as my employee and representing my Office – masks will not be worn," the Ocala Star-Banner reports.

Woods added that "effective immediately, any individual walking in to any one of our lobbies (which includes the main office and all district offices) that is wearing a mask will be asked to remove it."

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... witter.com

sigh.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh. Billy Woods. In Ocala. Interstate 75 runs right through it.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:07 pm The sheriff in a central Florida COVID-19 hot spot has issued a directive prohibiting deputies, staff and visitors to department offices from wearing protective face masks, an order that came as a local mayor and city council squared off over a mask ordinance for businesses.

Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods sent an email Tuesday informing the approximately 900 people working in the department that "when you are on-duty/working as my employee and representing my Office – masks will not be worn," the Ocala Star-Banner reports.

Woods added that "effective immediately, any individual walking in to any one of our lobbies (which includes the main office and all district offices) that is wearing a mask will be asked to remove it."

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... witter.com

sigh.
Further proof that conservatives have made a potentially deadly virus a political issue. A person walking through the lobby wearing a mask is not causing anyone any harm yet they will be asked to remove it.

Imagine being a 60 year old clerical worker in the building with a high risk husband at home and not being allowed to protect yourself?
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Just a giant lawsuit waiting to happen.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Prohibiting people from doing something that protects their wellbeing... UGH, I cannot deal with the sheer idiocy. This is preposterous.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Ughhh.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The police are wearing them here in Ontario when they stop vehicles and they are expecting the driver to mask up before they roll the window down.
Locked Previous topicNext topic