The school is being shady and lying to parents

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I quit my teaching job because it wasn't worth the risk. Half the staff ended up leaving. We were already low before the pandemic so there is no way that there are enough staff especially teachers.

The school is saying things are going as planned in three weeks. They know that they don't have the staff for it. They have been begging everyone to come back. They are letting anyone and everyone be a substitute. All you need is a diploma or GED. Random moms and dads are signing up with 0 experience. The school is making a big deal to say that substitutes are limited "for the safety of the children" and that they want their staff to be properly trained.

You can't properly train most random people in 3 weeks. They aren't expected to be substituting here or there for teachers but to take on classes for as long as needed. So if your kid goes to this school they could have a random parent with no experience teaching your child for the school year.

The shadiness is why I left in the first place and it is only getting worse. Parents should be aware of the situation so they can make a good decision.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I hope you're notifying parents in your area instead of just anonymously telling a bunch of strangers who it may or not apply to.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

So start spilling the beans on facebook and other social media. Start talking to the press. Is this public or private school? If it's public then the press would probably be interested. I imagine what's going to happen is that they're going to announce online classes. My kid's uni is ending the semester early.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:42 pm I hope you're notifying parents in your area instead of just anonymously telling a bunch of strangers who it may or not apply to.
I have told everyone I know personally. Many others have been vocal. Who knows what parents are on social media and many are believing the school anyway.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:06 am So start spilling the beans on facebook and other social media. Start talking to the press. Is this public or private school? If it's public then the press would probably be interested. I imagine what's going to happen is that they're going to announce online classes. My kid's uni is ending the semester early.
I don't have other social media than this but other people have been very vocal. The press has way other issues to be concerned about but they do run stories all the time about the schools. Ours is not the only one I would assume a good majority of them are going through the same thing. Any teacher able to retire has in the district except 1.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

what else is new....thats been going on for decades
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Weird, is teaching not a regulated profession there? Are there no educational requirements for teachers?
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think you made a post about leaving that teaching job.
Are you privating teaching this school year OR are you going to do something else altogether?
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Depending on the state they can get an emergency certification so long as they have a bachelors degree. That’s nothing new, especially in the private school sector.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:31 am Weird, is teaching not a regulated profession there? Are there no educational requirements for teachers?
Teachers have a lot of regulations. Being a substitute is very easy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic