My work told me I can't get tested for Covid 19

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My facility is having weekly tests done through a local university. They are using the tests for a big research srudy. Work just announced that every week you test you are entered in to win an iPad air. I think it is kind of stupid but a lot of people are getting tested. The first week I tested positive. I went back to work after the 10 days and then tested positive again the next test I took.

My boss called me and she was pissed. She said I shouldn't have tested again knowing that I would probably be positive. She told me not to test myself again. Sorry but I am going to continue to get tested. The tests are not funded or provided by my work. They have no right to tell me I can't get tested. I should be able to win the iPad just like anyone else. I should be able to participate in the study just like anyone else. I will continue to get tested every week until they stop the study.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

They need all data for this study, including people who continue to test positive. Why is your boss so upset?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:33 pm They need all data for this study, including people who continue to test positive. Why is your boss so upset?
I think they are wanting to be able to say all staff who are getting tested are negative.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:39 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:33 pm They need all data for this study, including people who continue to test positive. Why is your boss so upset?
I think they are wanting to be able to say all staff who are getting tested are negative.
Why do they get an extra gold star or something? lol.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:39 pm
Why do they get an extra gold star or something? lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic