I can’t be the only one that thinks this is unsanitary and icky

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Not sure how I feel about the food being put directly on the table. But this is not the time for a buffet of any sort. Buffets, in general, I think are unsanitary.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:26 am I’m seeing similar set ups lately. I just don’t get them.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My first thought was "ewww". But it's not much different from crab/shrimp boil parties we've been too except replace the foil with brown paper.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

ive been to a seafood cook out like that before, theres a word for it, i cant remember what it is
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:37 pm ive been to a seafood cook out like that before, theres a word for it, i cant remember what it is
Gross
Deleted User 670

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:46 pm My first thought was "ewww". But it's not much different from crab/shrimp boil parties we've been too except replace the foil with brown paper.
But at crab boils, crabs are in their shell so the meat isn't on the paper. It's a little different. Someone said it looks like a pig trough and I agree.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:13 am
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:46 pm My first thought was "ewww". But it's not much different from crab/shrimp boil parties we've been too except replace the foil with brown paper.
But at crab boils, crabs are in their shell so the meat isn't on the paper. It's a little different. Someone said it looks like a pig trough and I agree.
Any Cajun boil I have been to has shrimp or prawns and those are directly on the paper.

What's the difference between being on paper or aluminum foil or an actual plate/serving dish?

Do you not eat at potlucks or buffets?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah. It doesn’t seem much different than those clam bakes where they just throw all the food on the table for all to grab.
But right now I wouldn’t be grabbing food from the same table as 17 other people are. I wouldn’t be sharing any meal with 17 people so close by.
Pjmm wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:30 am I wouldn't care about the set up so much as being around 17 people right now probably isn't a good idea. And I'm in no way paranoid.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Clam bakes are very popular types of gatherings during the summer.

As I said, I wouldn’t go to any kind of gathering at the moment, even less one where you share food with a large amount if people, but it’s not gross or unsanitary that it’s served directly on the table.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:12 am
Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:37 pm ive been to a seafood cook out like that before, theres a word for it, i cant remember what it is
Gross
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

None of it looks good. The yard looks icky... food looks yuck.. 🤢🤮
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:13 am
The ones I've been to have also had corn and potatoes on the paper. I've been to a pig roast where the whole pig was on paper in the center of the table and we were supposed to just pull pieces off of it. I think it does look gross but I'm not sure if it's unsanitary if the nachos are on the foil and people are serving onto their own plates.

With Covid-19, pictures like this do give me the willies as I don't think anyone should be "buffeting" right now.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic