I can’t be the only one that thinks this is unsanitary and icky

Anonymous 3

Unread post

I see plates and a spoon so maybe they are dishing it onto their own plates? I don't understand the comments of using an aluminum pan instead of foil its the same thing.
If everyone is just eating from it directly its gross though.
Kind of like those huge ice cream sundaes in the 90s where they lined a gutter with foil then made a huge ice cream split everyone ate from. I feel like this is more sanitary than that at least.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:24 pm
famousglm714 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:56 am I’m in that group! And I did find it a little icky but what an easy cleanup! Lol. I mean I think most buffets are closed now so it is a little off putting because it’s a similar concept.
She did get a decent amount of flak for it.

I like the cleanup aspect as well but it’s still a bit nasty
I’m going to go back to read the comments, lol. It is, I agree. I don’t think I could do it.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:11 pm I see plates and a spoon so maybe they are dishing it onto their own plates? I don't understand the comments of using an aluminum pan instead of foil its the same thing.
Kind of like those huge ice cream sundaes in the 90s where they lined a gutter with foil then made a huge ice cream split everyone ate from. I feel like this is more sanitary than that at least.
Foil tears very easily. Very easy to contaminate food.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:56 am I’m in that group! And I did find it a little icky but what an easy cleanup! Lol. I mean I think most buffets are closed now so it is a little off putting because it’s a similar concept.
What is the group?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 3

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:49 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:11 pm I see plates and a spoon so maybe they are dishing it onto their own plates? I don't understand the comments of using an aluminum pan instead of foil its the same thing.
Foil tears very easily. Very easy to contaminate food.
Not heavy duty foil. We camp cook in it all of the time no ripping even if we use the fire.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:55 pm
What is the group?
TheAldiNerd.com Community on FB.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

To me it looks like they are picking it up with their hands. Maybe putting it on plates but still using hands to put it on the plates.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:20 pm

To me it looks like they are picking it up with their hands. Maybe putting it on plates but still using hands to put it on the plates.
Then why are there multiple spatulas there?

Are you also against stuff like Cajun boils? What about buffets or pot lucks? It's the exact same concept.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:20 pm

How are you seeing that? I don't see hands anywhere near it but I see spatulas.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't see this being much different from any other spread put out for large amounts of people. I wouldn't go to a gathering like that at a time like this though.
Locked Previous topicNext topic