would you go to the county fair

Anonymous 1

Unread post

my county has canceled the fair. but the next county over also where i work , hasn't. there are over 600 cases there. all surrounding counties have canceled. So that mean people from surrounding counties will be going. they have made it longer .2 weeks instead of 1 week and extra rides. There is no way I am going. My son wants to go but I told him No.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

When is the fair?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:50 pmWhen is the fair?
starts next week
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Maybe. Depends on the weather. If it was ridiculously hot, nope.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No.

Minnesota State Fair made an accomodation that sounds like best of both worlds. MN State Fair is huge for the locals. People look forward to it all year long. People go every single day it's open. Food is huge as they have some very unusual foods that you can't get anywhere else. And lots of foods that are just plain tradition.
My understanding is that this year they are doing a drive-thru fair for the foods. You stay in your car and drive from vendor to vendor to be able to buy the foods you want. I don't know if they also have other types of vendors or attractions on the drive thru route. Obviously it's not a complete State Fair as you can't do everything drive thru, but it's a way to give people something to feel like they can still do it.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope, not even here were we have under 1,000 active cases in all of my province. Not worth the risk because I can guarantee because you are outside masks will not be worn and how do you enforce social distancing during rides, and standing in line.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

yes...i go to the local flea markets too
Anonymous 2

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:55 pm Nope, not even here were we have under 1,000 active cases in all of my province. Not worth the risk because I can guarantee because you are outside masks will not be worn and how do you enforce social distancing during rides, and standing in line.
They have been doing a good job of it at Disney World and Universal. Though no way a state fair will be as diligent as those top park are at their measures.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:58 pm
highlandmum wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:55 pm Nope, not even here were we have under 1,000 active cases in all of my province. Not worth the risk because I can guarantee because you are outside masks will not be worn and how do you enforce social distancing during rides, and standing in line.
They have been doing a good job of it at Disney World and Universal. Though no way a state fair will be as diligent as those top park are at their measures.
Exactly. Disney and Universal are huge companies with huge resources. They have the ability to direct employees to be responsible for this, but state fairs are a completely different ball game. I however would not go do Disney or Universal either at this time.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nope.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic