The step kids have been stuck here for months and I am ready for them to go home

Anonymous 1

Unread post

It has been great spending extra time with them but the stress that BM is causing all of us is really impacting everyone, especially the kids. They came to visit for a school break right when the virus hit hard and then there was a travel ban.

At first BM agreed that them staying is what was best. Now that it's been months she is just angry. She is saying that DH planned this. Which is completely irrational obviously.

She is constantly bitching at DH and the kids about how they aren't home yet. The kids have been in a really bad mood because of it which is making life hell for everyone.

We have no idea when they will be able to go back home. We have tried to get approval for them to go back home but never received it. They won't let minors travel on their own or be on quarentine for two weeks on their own. DH has tried to get the two weeks off of work but it isn't happening. I also can't take two weeks off right now.

BM can't travel here to take the kids back home. They won't let her quarentine with the kids.

It is a shitty situation all the way around. The kids are safe here and were happy before BM started complaining constantly. I know she is upset being away from her kids but if she would just stop it would make things easier for everyone. I was totally fine with them staying as long as needed but with everyone's shitty attitude deep down I wish they could just go home so the stress of it all would be gone.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sorry for the long rambling post. The country BM lives in has a strict travel ban and that is the main issue.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

That sucks for everyone I'm sure. I'm sure she misses her kids too and she's just lashing out because she's frustrated. Are you in the US?
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm tired of my kids too. But they have no other house for me to wish they would go to. Their father Is pissing me off too. He's my husband.

The kids and my husband are probably tired of me too.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I hear ya on that! Right about now, I'd like to ship my husband somewhere! He needs to go back to work! He's a hoverer and is driving me up the wall! I now know that when he retires, I am getting a job!
CandTmom wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:03 pm I'm tired of my kids too. But they have no other house for me to wish they would go to. Their father Is pissing me off too. He's my husband.

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That's a terrible situation, and I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. How old are the kids? Is she contacting them, or are they just hearing you and your husband talk about her complaining? The easiest thing to do, is to not let them be exposed to it if you can avoid it. Then they won't be so upset.

stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

limit her calls. don't tell her you are, just be too busy.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:03 pm I'm tired of my kids too. But they have no other house for me to wish they would go to. Their father Is pissing me off too. He's my husband.

OMG, me too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic