My kids refuse to be around their dad's new baby

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Their dad had a baby a few months ago with his mistress. They refuse to meet the baby. They were close with their step siblings before and their dad fucked that up. They still see them sometimes but not like they used to.

He wants them to be close with their brother. They told him they will never be around him and if he shows up anywhere with or without the kid they will leave.

My kids are 16 and 17. I do not blame them for feeling the way they do. Their dad has made a lot of poor choices that have drastically affected their lives. The mistress is saying they are being brats for taking it out on the baby. Everyone knows it isnt the baby's fault but that doesnt mean that they want to associate with him. They have been honest with their dad the whole pregnancy that they wanted nothing to do with the baby. Now that the baby is here things haven't changed so I'm not sure why my ex is surprised.

They said they will never consider him their sibling or any other kid that comes from the relationship. They have siblings, their step siblings which are soon to not even legally be step siblings to them, and they dont want more.

My ex has no custody or visitation anymore. He does try to meet up with them from time to time and they say no. They will go to family stuff as long as their dad, baby, and mistress arent there. If they are the kids dont go. His family has stopped inviting him to a lot of things because they would rather the kids be there instead.

The whole thing is a mess that he caused. He feels like i should help him force a relationship. That just isnt going to happen. They are more than old enough to make that choice for themselves
Anonymous 2

Unread post

A 16 and 17 year old is old enough to make decisions about visiting or not visiting a parent. If they wish to not see their father, so be it.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:45 pm Their dad had a baby a few months ago with his mistress. They refuse to meet the baby. They were close with their step siblings before and their dad fucked that up. They still see them sometimes but not like they used to.

He wants them to be close with their brother. They told him they will never be around him and if he shows up anywhere with or without the kid they will leave.

My kids are 16 and 17. I do not blame them for feeling the way they do. Their dad has made a lot of poor choices that have drastically affected their lives. The mistress is saying they are being brats for taking it out on the baby. Everyone knows it isnt the baby's fault but that doesnt mean that they want to associate with him. They have been honest with their dad the whole pregnancy that they wanted nothing to do with the baby. Now that the baby is here things haven't changed so I'm not sure why my ex is surprised.

They said they will never consider him their sibling or any other kid that comes from the relationship. They have siblings, their step siblings which are soon to not even legally be step siblings to them, and they dont want more.

My ex has no custody or visitation anymore. He does try to meet up with them from time to time and they say no. They will go to family stuff as long as their dad, baby, and mistress arent there. If they are the kids dont go. His family has stopped inviting him to a lot of things because they would rather the kids be there instead.

The whole thing is a mess that he caused. He feels like i should help him force a relationship. That just isnt going to happen. They are more than old enough to make that choice for themselves
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Another situation where kids lose out in the end because adults can't be adults and co-parent the kids they made together.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:59 pm Another situation where kids lose out in the end because adults can't be adults and co-parent the kids they made together.
This is beyond regular co-parenting. Also what are my kids missing out on that they want to be apart of?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This has been done to death.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:27 pm This has been done to death.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I did post about the situation a few times.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:45 pm Their dad had a baby a few months ago with his mistress. They refuse to meet the baby. They were close with their step siblings before and their dad fucked that up. They still see them sometimes but not like they used to.

A slight new twist.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes. I remember reading of this exact situation a few years ago on CM. Even down the alleged ages of the rejecting kids.
Anyway, true or not, my heart breaks that the one paying the price is a poor innocent baby, vilified by its siblings. That baby never asked to be born in such a circus and it’s sad that a baby boy who never did anything to harm anyone is treated that way.
At least that’s what I would tell my kids. I would definitely tell them that I find their attitude disappointing and tell them I raised them better than that. Then they can decide.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:39 pm Yes. I remember reading of this exact situation a few years ago on CM.
Anyway, true or not, my heart breaks that the one paying is a poor innocent baby, vilified by its siblings. That baby never asked to be born in such a circus and it’s sad that a baby boy who never did anything to harm anyone is treated that way.
At least that’s what I would tell my kids.
I posted about this multiple times in THIS site and I remember you commenting on the post because you kept quoting everyone lol. That was in this website and it wasn't years ago. I posted when the kids first found out he cheated, I posted when they found out the mistress was pregnant, and I posted when the mistress freaked out when DD wouldn't go to the baby shower.

I will tell you what I told you last time. Not having a relationship with the baby doesn't mean they are mistreating him. Not having a relationship isn't mistreatment. No one is saying the baby is at fault.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As I said, I read the exact situation years ago on CM right down to the kids’ ages. So unless your kids haven’t aged in a number of years, it wasn’t you. Or maybe it was and you thought no one will remember and you’re just recycling one of your troll posts.
And yes, it’s mistreatment. Because it’s taking their feelings on their dad on an innocent baby who could have siblings and feel part of a family. Mistreatment simply means treating somebody badly. When you refuse to even meet a person because of what their father did, that’s MIStreating someone who doesn’t deserve it.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:43 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:39 pm Yes. I remember reading of this exact situation a few years ago on CM.
Anyway, true or not, my heart breaks that the one paying is a poor innocent baby, vilified by its siblings. That baby never asked to be born in such a circus and it’s sad that a baby boy who never did anything to harm anyone is treated that way.
At least that’s what I would tell my kids.
I posted about this multiple times in THIS site and I remember you commenting on the post because you kept quoting everyone lol. That was in this website and it wasn't years ago. I posted when the kids first found out he cheated, I posted when they found out the mistress was pregnant, and I posted when the mistress freaked out when DD wouldn't go to the baby shower.

I will tell you what I told you last time. Not having a relationship with the baby doesn't mean they are mistreating him. Not having a relationship isn't mistreatment.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic