I feel like that is going to far.

stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm sure she'll choose her words a bit more wisely in the future.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Eh, I wouldn't be the one who crucifies her either.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think its horrible that she made those comments. I think people need to learn to be careful of what they say on social media. Do I feel sorry for her? Nope. I don't. If she's willing to spout off and say those things online, just think about what she must be doing while she's working. Everything you think and do, impacts how you perform, either at home, or at work.

Consider this: She's a nurse, I think that's what you said. So she has a patient that is mentally handicapped. Put yourself in that patient's family's shoes for just a minute. This woman is paid to take care of her, even her basic needs. She can feed herself, but she needs help in other day to day activities. A nurse that cares for someone in that situation, should have some compassion for the person they are taking care of. They don't have to love them like family, but take care of them like they are family. Now think that you are coming to visit your handicapped daughter, and you overhear the nurse taking care of her saying some awful things about her. Calling her.. that word that I won't repeat. Or just being generally mean and uncaring. The patient might not understand it, but it would break your heart to hear those things being said. To know that your loved one is being treated that way by someone that is paid to care for them. Now, what if instead of hearing her say that in person, you read her saying it somewhere on social media. You can't tell me that you wouldn't feel the same way, and have some serious questions about her performance when she's at work, compared to when she is online flapping her beak.

It's not her job to decide who will go far, and who won't. If I was her boss, I wouldn't want her working for my company, because she's bringing a negative image to everyone she talks to. It's not okay.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:36 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:35 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:29 pm I’m torn, TBH. I agree that even disgusting people have a right to a livelihood. If you don’t like something somebody said, fine. Tell them. But don’t mess with their lives.But you do have to wonder how she has treated people she seems that worthless. It’s a valid co concern if she’s referring to them in such demeaning and hateful ways.
Personally, I think jumping to the conclusion that she may have deliberately harmed patients is pretty uncalled for, if that’s what these people are suggesting. But there’s a possibility that when it comes to patients she thinks are “useless” she may not perform to the same standards.
I'm a nurse. I have had to treat many people who I felt were worthless. I still gave them the same level of care as everyone else. You don't have to like your patient to be a great nurse.
Do you go around calling them "retards" and telling everyone on fb how you feel about these people?
I haven't called anyone that but I have said a lot of things about the patients I don't like. That doesn't mean I treat them differently. I don't like pedophiles or murderers but my opinion doesn't matter when I'm working.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

As an employer i have it in my contract that i monitor your social media. I learned in college that what employees post can reflect upon the employer/business.
I have a special needs child and I would have called cps myself to do an investigation to determine if she harmed my child.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:54 am I think its horrible that she made those comments. I think people need to learn to be careful of what they say on social media. Do I feel sorry for her? Nope. I don't. If she's willing to spout off and say those things online, just think about what she must be doing while she's working. Everything you think and do, impacts how you perform, either at home, or at work.

Consider this: She's a nurse, I think that's what you said. So she has a patient that is mentally handicapped. Put yourself in that patient's family's shoes for just a minute. This woman is paid to take care of her, even her basic needs. She can feed herself, but she needs help in other day to day activities. A nurse that cares for someone in that situation, should have some compassion for the person they are taking care of. They don't have to love them like family, but take care of them like they are family. Now think that you are coming to visit your handicapped daughter, and you overhear the nurse taking care of her saying some awful things about her. Calling her.. that word that I won't repeat. Or just being generally mean and uncaring. The patient might not understand it, but it would break your heart to hear those things being said. To know that your loved one is being treated that way by someone that is paid to care for them. Now, what if instead of hearing her say that in person, you read her saying it somewhere on social media. You can't tell me that you wouldn't feel the same way, and have some serious questions about her performance when she's at work, compared to when she is online flapping her beak.

It's not her job to decide who will go far, and who won't. If I was her boss, I wouldn't want her working for my company, because she's bringing a negative image to everyone she talks to. It's not okay.
You absolutely do not have to have compassion for someone to be a good nurse.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:06 am
agander2017 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:54 am I think its horrible that she made those comments. I think people need to learn to be careful of what they say on social media. Do I feel sorry for her? Nope. I don't. If she's willing to spout off and say those things online, just think about what she must be doing while she's working. Everything you think and do, impacts how you perform, either at home, or at work.

I disagree. I think you have to have some sort of compassion for those you are caring for.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:16 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:06 am

I disagree. I think you have to have some sort of compassion for those you are caring for.
That is not true. I'm a nurse and have been for over 25 years. I am a damn good nurse. I treat every patient to the absolute best of my abilities. I dont have compassion for many of my patients. I still am a great nurse to them.

I don't have compassion for rapists, pedophiles, murderers, and many others. I still provide good medical care to them because that is my job. Nursing isn't just about liking people. You have to treat everyone the best you can no matter who they are.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She is clearly lacking in empathy and should not have made such hateful remarks. She deserves to be investigated after saying those things. Medical personnel need to treat people decently and it doesn't sound like this lady is capable of doing that. She should keep her mouth shut or suffer the consequences. She hasn't learned there are consequences when you run off your mouth.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If a nurse said on social media she hates child molesters yet works at a prison should she lose her job?
I shit glitter
Locked Previous topicNext topic