A second stimulus payment?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I just woke up to find $1,000 was deposited into my bank account by the IRS. Has anyone else had a new deposit? I hadn't even heard anything about them approving a second round. I can't find anything in the news. I'm not sure if it's a second round or an adjustment on the first round.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Not i. Did you see who the check came from?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yes, it's from the IRS Treasury! I meant to put that in my original post. I'll try and edit that in.
Emmasmom wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:44 am Not i. Did you see who the check came from?
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Is it a tax return?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I haven’t heard anything in the news about a second check.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The second check hasn't been approved yet. I would call and find out. Maybe there was a discrepancy they found.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wait a couple weeks. Don't spend the money. If it's legit they'll send you a letter stating why they gave you it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

No? It's some sort of stimulus payment.
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:23 am Is it a tax return?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I found this article, which was amusing:
https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/t ... now-today/
It's from yesterday. LOL
Inmybizz wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:36 am I haven’t heard anything in the news about a second check.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I believe there was a discrepancy but everything I've read has said they would correct that when I file this year's taxes. I'm not in the US so I'll give it a few days of checking my mail for any sort of explanation.
Shaken1976 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:14 am The second check hasn't been approved yet. I would call and find out. Maybe there was a discrepancy they found.
Locked Previous topicNext topic