I tested positive for Covid yesterday and they expect me back at work today

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I had taken a week off for a vacation and requested the time off months ago. The vacation turned into a staycation. At the start of it I was feeling kind of sick. Nothing terrible mostly just congestion and just feeling off. It never really went away. After a few days my sense of taste was less. I called in to work to let them know because I was pretty sure it was Covid at that time. They told me to get tested. My doctor wouldn't let me because I had none of the main signs. He wouldn't even write me an order for it.

I had to go through a private lab and got tested yesterday when they had their first available opening. It was expensive but I got my results in less than 24 hours. I am positive. I called my work to let them know and they said it was fine for me to come in. I was like what?

The test itself doesn't matter. It has been 10 days since the onset of symptoms and I don't have a fever. I thought this was just some shitty rules they made up but it is the current guidelines.

I don't feel comfortable going to work but I don't have a choice. I just hope I don't get anyone else sick.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

So you have had covid 19 for months now? No.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:03 pm I had taken a week off for a vacation months ago. The vacation turned into a staycation. At the start of it I was feeling kind of sick. Nothing terrible mostly just congestion and just feeling off. It never really went away. After a few days my sense of taste was less. I called in to work to let them know because I was pretty sure it was Covid at that time. They told me to get tested. My doctor wouldn't let me because I had none of the main signs. He wouldn't even write me an order for it.

I had to go through a private lab and got tested yesterday when they had their first available opening. It was expensive but I got my results in less than 24 hours. I am positive. I called my work to let them know and they said it was fine for me to come in. I was like what?

The test itself doesn't matter. It has been 10 days since the onset of symptoms and I don't have a fever. I thought this was just some shitty rules they made up but it is the current guidelines.

I don't feel comfortable going to work but I don't have a choice. I just hope I don't get anyone else sick.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would straight up refuse. I'd rather find another job, have to struggle for a while, etc. than risk killing someone because I went back to work while sick during a deadly pandemic.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sorry that was poorly worded and I will fix it. I mean I requested the time off months ago.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:15 pm So you have had covid 19 for months now? No.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:03 pm I had taken a week off for a vacation months ago. The vacation turned into a staycation. At the start of it I was feeling kind of sick. Nothing terrible mostly just congestion and just feeling off. It never really went away. After a few days my sense of taste was less. I called in to work to let them know because I was pretty sure it was Covid at that time. They told me to get tested. My doctor wouldn't let me because I had none of the main signs. He wouldn't even write me an order for it.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:22 pm I would straight up refuse. I'd rather find another job, have to struggle for a while, etc. than risk killing someone because I went back to work while sick during a deadly pandemic.
I'm under contract. The amount of money I would have to pay to break the contract is ridiculous plus I would never get hired in my area again.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

What symptoms did you have that made you feel so sure that you had Covid-19?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:03 pm I had taken a week off for a vacation and requested the time off months ago. The vacation turned into a staycation. At the start of it I was feeling kind of sick. Nothing terrible mostly just congestion and just feeling off. It never really went away. After a few days my sense of taste was less. I called in to work to let them know because I was pretty sure it was Covid at that time. They told me to get tested. My doctor wouldn't let me because I had none of the main signs. He wouldn't even write me an order for it.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My sense of taste was greatly diminished. I could barely taste anything. Even coffee tastes like nothing. I could only taste really spicy food. Loss of taste is a symptom many people have had. That's when I couldn't convince myself that it was just allergies and wanted to get tested.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:28 pm What symptoms did you have that made you feel so sure that you had Covid-19?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:03 pm I had taken a week off for a vacation and requested the time off months ago. The vacation turned into a staycation. At the start of it I was feeling kind of sick. Nothing terrible mostly just congestion and just feeling off. It never really went away. After a few days my sense of taste was less. I called in to work to let them know because I was pretty sure it was Covid at that time. They told me to get tested. My doctor wouldn't let me because I had none of the main signs. He wouldn't even write me an order for it.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

You had allergy-like symptoms and weren't able to taste things. When you say that your doctor wouldn't write the RX for the test, I believe you. What I do find hard to believe is that from one area to another (or maybe one doctor to another), how the request to be tested is treated so differently. My DD exhibited cold-like symptoms, fever, diarrhea, some vomiting, and a loss of taste. We didn't even have to ask the doctor. He just completed the RX electronically and we were in the testing facility within 30 minutes.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:31 pm My sense of taste was greatly diminished. I could barely taste anything. Even coffee tastes like nothing. I could only taste really spicy food. Loss of taste is a symptom many people have had. That's when I couldn't convince myself that it was just allergies and wanted to get tested.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:28 pm What symptoms did you have that made you feel so sure that you had Covid-19?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

It doesn't make much sense. I didn't think I would have any problem getting tested and I was surprised when the doctor said no. Last month they had drive up testing everywhere and you didn't even need a doctor's order to get it done. Now it is much harder. I think it probably has to do with limited tests and more people wanting to be tested but that's just my hypothesis.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:40 pm You had allergy-like symptoms and weren't able to taste things. When you say that your doctor wouldn't write the RX for the test, I believe you. What I do find hard to believe is that from one area to another (or maybe one doctor to another), how the request to be tested is treated so differently. My DD exhibited cold-like symptoms, fever, diarrhea, some vomiting, and a loss of taste. We didn't even have to ask the doctor. He just completed the RX electronically and we were in the testing facility within 30 minutes.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:31 pm My sense of taste was greatly diminished. I could barely taste anything. Even coffee tastes like nothing. I could only taste really spicy food. Loss of taste is a symptom many people have had. That's when I couldn't convince myself that it was just allergies and wanted to get tested.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

You could be right (that it's due to tests not being available). I also think it has a lot to do with the doctor involved. My doctor knows that I have a compromised immune system. So, when he heard her symptoms, perhaps knowing that about me prompted him to move quickly?

Anyway, I hope your symptoms are minimal and that you're feeling 100% better as soon as possible. My daughter's work wouldn't let her return to work until she was fever-free for 48 hours.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:47 pm It doesn't make much sense. I didn't think I would have any problem getting tested and I was surprised when the doctor said no. Last month they had drive up testing everywhere and you didn't even need a doctor's order to get it done. Now it is much harder. I think it probably has to do with limited tests and more people wanting to be tested but that's just my hypothesis.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:40 pm You had allergy-like symptoms and weren't able to taste things. When you say that your doctor wouldn't write the RX for the test, I believe you. What I do find hard to believe is that from one area to another (or maybe one doctor to another), how the request to be tested is treated so differently. My DD exhibited cold-like symptoms, fever, diarrhea, some vomiting, and a loss of taste. We didn't even have to ask the doctor. He just completed the RX electronically and we were in the testing facility within 30 minutes.

Locked Previous topicNext topic