If you are doing remote learning are you still buying

Anonymous 1

Unread post

School supplies?

We are and I haven't bought anything on the lists. I do not see the point in buying 5 folders, 4 notebooks, etc if kids aren't going back. We easily have things around the house they may need like paper, glue, etc.

My Mom thinks it's weird but I don't.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well my boys are beyond lists. I asked them if they think they need anything. So far no. All they need is a tablet of paper and a pencil. And we have plenty of those left over.

But for younger kids who have supply lists, I would be tempted to buy it all now. Reason being, stores are still going to follow their normal seasons and it you wait until the kids actually go back, then the stores won't have their huge stocks and good prices.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My son does need supplies to do his school work. My son is starting 9th grade, so he doesn’t need much material. He does need notebooks, pencils, pens, erasers, pencil sharpeners and all those basics. He also needs a tablet this year.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We will probably buy a few things (paper, pencils notebooks), but not in the insane amounts they usually ask for. I see no need and I am not really anticipating the kids getting back to the classrooms this year anyway...
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Aside from the basics (pens, pencils, etc..) I wouldn't buy anything extra unless the teacher asks for it.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not unless we need something specific. I have boxes of supplies here already. They actually didn’t even post a list as far as I know.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, the children’s school is providing school supplies for every student.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Remote learning changes the list completely. I have added ink, ink and more ink for the printer, and a ream of computer paper, then since he is doing the hybrid we have all the other items. We do not get lists so I usually just purchase as needed.
Donnie
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If I had the expectation that the kids would go back to school this year, I would buy at least some of the things now while they are cheap and easy to find.

If I choose virtual school for the whole year, I would not.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The school is encouraging it especially for younger kids and I agree with their reasoning (binders and folders helps with organization,colored pencils and crayons help organize notes and activities, etc), however I have older children and so I haven't bought any school supplies yet. We also have a surplus of supplies from previous years so I probably won't actually buy anything until they go back to campus, IF they go back. The schools here are focusing on getting kids in based on needs so IEP, special education, and elementary kids (K-2) etc. will be the first ones returning to campus. As long as everything goes well they will then be incorporating the return of the rest of students by grade level with younger grades returning first and progressing up every couple of weeks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic