Is something better than nothing? Relationship question

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I've been with a guy for 3 months. Everything is going great except one thing. He can not sleep at all when I am with him. The handful of times I've been there he doesn't sleep at all

He lives an hour away from me. I see him twice a week. I go there for the day on Sunday but have been going down after work once during the week for about a month or so.

Do you think he will get used to it or I should just go on Sunday. I just feel sooner or later I'm going to want a full time relationship and am afraid of just prolonging a break up if we can't ever sleep together.

Going to bed and walking up next to someone is something I miss so bad.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why can't he sleep?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:20 pm Why can't he sleep?
I asked and he said he's not used to sleeping with someone

Wednesday I slept over and woke up alone. He was out in the living room watching tv. It was 2am
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I struggle with staying asleep when I am at my SO.

At first, I would go to bed until he would drift off, and then I would get up watch tv, read, work out, whatever.. eventually he became frustrated.
He communicated those feeling to me which was extremely helpful OR I would not have known the degree it was affecting our relationship.
Cuddling, spooning, waking up next to someone was something he also longed for. Our compromise was that I would try to stay in bed watching something on my laptop, reading a book, OR listen to a book. I've actually been sleeping much better. Its not an uncommon issue. I hope you two find a compromise for the nights when you are together and take it from there. Perhaps a bedtime ritual of sorts to get his mind in shut down mode.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:41 pm
Like having to cuddle/touch or roll over and sleep on his side of the bed? The latter might be something he gets used to. The cuddling/touching, maybe not.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:41 pm

Wednesday I slept over and woke up alone. He was out in the living room watching tv. It was 2am
Idk talk to him. Perhaps a bigger bed or compromise. He stays with you until you fall asleep and then sleeps elsewhere. My last bf I admit it was hard. He had sleep apnea and he would always mess with his sleeping mask. Then he'd wake me up. If he didn't use it I needed earplugs. His snoring killed me. Also my bed is small and he's a big guy. So I kind of get it.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just relax...just because he can’t sleep doesn’t mean he doesn’t want a full relationship. Give the relationship a chance to grow. Some people need more time to relax and settle into a relationship.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

3 months seems kinda soon for sleepovers, but whatever
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I guess I’d say it depends on you and your preferences, as well as how much you like this guy.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:10 pm 3 months seems kinda soon for sleepovers, but whatever
Oof. You think so? I’ve had sleep overs after the first date.
Locked Previous topicNext topic