It finally happened, someone said something

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:25 am
agander2017 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:17 am Look up the law in your area. There are exemptions for some people. That's what others don't understand. Here nobody is allowed to ask you why you're not wearing one, or even mention it when you walk into a store.
In my area they are allowed to ask you to put one on and if you won't, the businesses are being encouraged to refuse you entrance. I was just reading about it. The county health department issued a statement about it. They want businesses to have an employee posted at their entrances to enforce the masks.
Those are places that I won't be shopping in. I don't think people should discriminate against those that can't wear a mask.

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:52 am
agander2017 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:17 am Look up the law in your area. There are exemptions for some people. That's what others don't understand. Here nobody is allowed to ask you why you're not wearing one, or even mention it when you walk into a store.
In my area they are allowed to ask you to put one on and if you won't, the businesses are being encouraged to refuse you entrance. I was just reading about it. The county health department issued a statement about it. They want businesses to have an employee posted at their entrances to enforce the masks.
Those are places that I won't be shopping in. I don't think people should discriminate against those that can't wear a mask.
More and more states are cracking down on the mask requirements. So what will you do?

Here in my state a mask mandate went into effect. Where you have to wear one inside all businesses. As of yesterday we are back to no gathering beyond 10 people. And when outdoors, if you can't social distance masks are also required. My state is on the verge of shutting down again.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

its not their fault. They have to follow the rules or they face being shut down or having to go to court. If people like you boycott them for doing what they have too, many people will lose their jobs.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:12 am

its not their fault. They have to follow the rules or they face being shut down or having to go to court. If people like you boycott them for doing what they have too, many people will lose their jobs.
I have yet to see a state that didn't have exceptions for those with health issues that prevent them from wearing a mask. Can you show me one that doesn't have an exception?
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:07 am

More and more states are cracking down on the mask requirements. So what will you do?

Here in my state a mask mandate went into effect. Where you have to wear one inside all businesses. As of yesterday we are back to no gathering beyond 10 people. And when outdoors, if you can't social distance masks are also required. My state is on the verge of shutting down again.
Every state has exceptions for people. I can't wear a mask, because the lack of oxygen makes me dizzy, and I've come close to passing out. Here you aren't allowed to ask someone why they aren't wearing a mask. If they can't, you're to assume they can't.

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Here stores can refuse you entry if you are not wearing one, just like you do not have to say why you are not wearing a mask. The rights extend both ways. Business have every right to protect their employees, actually where I am they MUST protect their employees.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

In my state, it's now the law that a mask be worn when in any public space. Just a few days ago, some member here was saying that Walmart doesn't enforce mask wearing. Just yesterday, I was at Walmart and they had an employee ("greeter") at the door. When one woman came in without a mask, the employee told her that she could not enter. The customer said, "I have a medical exemption." The employee responded, "We can accommodate your need but you may not enter the store without a mask." The customer turned around and walked away from the building. I never thought I'd see Walmart or any business actually stop a customer from entering. But I saw it yesterday!
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I didn't see your response until after I responded. I just witnessed an employee stop a customer at Walmart yesterday. And TBH, I never thought I'd see that happen.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I really don’t understand why so many people are angrily denying that some people have trouble breathing in masks just because they don’t.

I understand you’re scared of COVID, but ignoring the problems that arise for some people and insulting them for having issues is not going to work out in your favor.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:42 pm I really don’t understand why so many people are angrily denying that some people have trouble breathing in masks just because they don’t.

I understand you’re scared of COVID, but ignoring the problems that arise for some people and insulting them for having issues is not going to work out in your favor.

I don't think people believe no one has an issue. But I truly doubt everyone who claims they need to be medically exempt actually have medical issues. I know several people who've said that who later admitted to me that they just say so because they don't like it. They're uncomfortable. Well yeah, they're uncomfortable for everyone. That said, I'm not out there trying to be mask police. I put mine on and keep my mouth shut about other people when I see them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic