It finally happened, someone said something

Anonymous 10

Unread post

There's a simple solution to your problem. Limit your trips to businesses and when you need to visit a business, where a shield. That will not touch any of the areas that you mentioned.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:36 pm There's a simple solution to your problem. Limit your trips to businesses and when you need to visit a business, where a shield. That will not touch any of the areas that you mentioned.
I know I'm not the OP but....

I've been wearing a face shield but it doesn't fall under the mask mandate where I live so people have still had problems with it.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Oh. Then those that can't wear a mask to businesses are going to have to find a way to get the things they need. I know that there are many people who may not have friends or family that they can depend on. But I truly find it hard to believe that there isn't a person, an organization, or a store that would help a needy person.

In my community, many people depend on nextdoor.com to reach out to neighbors for help. I wonder if OP's community has a page on that site. If it doesn't, perhaps she could start one.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:39 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:36 pm There's a simple solution to your problem. Limit your trips to businesses and when you need to visit a business, where a shield. That will not touch any of the areas that you mentioned.
I know I'm not the OP but....

I've been wearing a face shield but it doesn't fall under the mask mandate where I live so people have still had problems with it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

OP---what is your health issue (if you've not written about it already) that is causing you to feel you're choking while wearing the mask?

Myself, I have claustrophobia which tells my brain I can't breathe when I am wearing the mask, yet I still wear the mask on the rare "field trip" I take to the great outdoors of our grocery store and/or pharmacy. My breathing IS fine but my brain is saying something entirely different due to this phobia I have since I was a kid. As long as I am concentrating on my shopping, etc., I am fine.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:35 am I discovered in late March that I cannot tolerate anything on my face below my nose or on my neck. I've tried three different masks and two different gaiters. The longest lasting one lasted about 10 seconds before I ripped it off, feeling like I was being choked to death. I felt that way for at least an hour afterwards too.

Masks became mandatory on the 7th.

I went shopping today at Walmart and the dude at the door politely asked me if I had a face covering. I politely told him I couldn't wear a mask and I had a medical exemption. That was it. I was allowed to do my shopping and no one else ever said anything to me. If I hadn't been allowed to enter without a mask on, I'd have gone back to my car and waited for my family to do the shopping.

I can't help but wonder about all these people that are causing scenes across the country about masks. I wonder if they're walking in with a chip on their shoulder, or are just looking for a fight.
You were lucky this time but that letter is not enforceable by law, stores do not have to let you in without a face mask.
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Walmart doesn’t enforce the mask mandate. At least, here they don’t. Where I work, you wouldn’t have been allowed in.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

I'm in California where we have a state wide mask mandate and I saw a man wearing one of those bug hats yesterday in a store. Nobody had a problem with it.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

"bug hats"... :lol: Those things need windshield wiper blades on them! :lol:
Anonymous 12 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:47 pm I'm in California where we have a state wide mask mandate and I saw a man wearing one of those bug hats yesterday in a store. Nobody had a problem with it.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Look up the law in your area. There are exemptions for some people. That's what others don't understand. Here nobody is allowed to ask you why you're not wearing one, or even mention it when you walk into a store.

Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:17 am Look up the law in your area. There are exemptions for some people. That's what others don't understand. Here nobody is allowed to ask you why you're not wearing one, or even mention it when you walk into a store.
In my area they are allowed to ask you to put one on and if you won't, the businesses are being encouraged to refuse you entrance. I was just reading about it. The county health department issued a statement about it. They want businesses to have an employee posted at their entrances to enforce the masks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic