It finally happened, someone said something

Anonymous 8

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:48 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:00 pm I've had ARDS 7 times over the years including when I collapsed whole wearing a mask at the store.

The fact that she was making improvements already puts her in a different class than me. I will never get better. In fact my doctor is wanting me to go on hospice.

She is lucky she got better but you shouldn't group her in with those who are never getting better.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Both of her lungs were damaged, she had ARDS and below 30 percent lung capacity. Yes the lungs can compensate, over time which is why she no longer needs oxygen. But for that first year she was in a wheelchair because she couldn't walk more than a few steps without being out of breathe and that was with oxygen.
I'm sorry that's happening, but if this has happened to you six times without a mask, why do you think that the mask is the problem? And I'm honestly finding it hard to believe that you are driving to and from the grocery store and doing all your own grocery shopping if you are in the medical state that you have stated. When my sister had that level of lung function, she could barely stand on her own.
I haven't been able to drive in years. The mask inhibited my breathing and I could feel my oxygen dropping before I collapsed in the store.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:17 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:00 pm I've had ARDS 7 times over the years including when I collapsed whole wearing a mask at the store.

The fact that she was making improvements already puts her in a different class than me. I will never get better. In fact my doctor is wanting me to go on hospice.

She is lucky she got better but you shouldn't group her in with those who are never getting better.

I'm sorry that's happening, but if this has happened to you six times without a mask, why do you think that the mask is the problem? And I'm honestly finding it hard to believe that you are driving to and from the grocery store and doing all your own grocery shopping if you are in the medical state that you have stated. When my sister had that level of lung function, she could barely stand on her own.
I haven't been able to drive in years. The mask inhibited my breathing and I could feel my oxygen dropping before I collapsed in the store.
How did you get to the store? How are you going all over the store shopping by yourself?
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:39 am
How did you get to the store? How are you going all over the store shopping by yourself?
I have a motorized scooter.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:48 am

How do you get to the store? You have that level of health problems but live independently with no aids?
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:59 am

How do you get to the store? You have that level of health problems but live independently with no aids?
A nurse comes to my house 3 days a week to give me treatments.

I take the scooter to the store. It is right down the street from me.
Anonymous 17

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:06 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:59 am

A nurse comes to my house 3 days a week to give me treatments.

I take the scooter to the store. It is right down the street from me.
Did you find those studies you were talking about?
Locked Previous topicNext topic