Did you know there’s a hamster shortage in America right now?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

NOWHERE has them. Not Petco , petsmart, any of the small stores, nothing.

And they’ll all tell you there is a hamster shortage because of the pandemic.

Wtf?! Why would that matter to hamsters? They’ll still screw and multiply, they don’t care :/
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Probably because they’re used for testing. Everyone is trying to find a cure and a vaccine.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Hamsters are cheap meat lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:18 pm Hamsters are cheap meat lol.
Lol I hope not. Walmart better not be taking shortcuts.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Maybe people picked them up to keep themselves and kids entertained. I don't care for hamsters, I prefer rats.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:52 pm Maybe people picked them up to keep themselves and kids entertained. I don't care for hamsters, I prefer rats.
That’s what I’m trying to do lol !
I feel like hamsters are less scary than rats.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Try Craigslist.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:00 pm
xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:52 pm Maybe people picked them up to keep themselves and kids entertained. I don't care for hamsters, I prefer rats.
Hamsters are evil. Seriously. This is coming from years of working at Petsmart. Rats on the other hand are so freaking sweet. I'd get a rat over a hamster or gerbil any day of the week. They are also less prone to wet tail and stress than hamsters and gerbils. They love to be held unlike hamsters and gerbils as well. Rats are just better overall- cleaner, nicer, more content, more loving...
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:15 pm
Hamsters are evil. Seriously. This is coming from years of working at Petsmart. Rats on the other hand are so freaking sweet. I'd get a rat over a hamster or gerbil any day of the week. They are also less prone to wet tail and stress than hamsters and gerbils. They love to be held unlike hamsters and gerbils as well. Rats are just better overall- cleaner, nicer, more content, more loving...
What is wet tail?
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:22 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:15 pm

What is wet tail?
Basically, it is diarrhea that kills them. It is caused mainly by stress. They get stressed very easily as little hands want to hold them and cuddle them and try to handle them too much. Their little bodies can't handle it. They get diarrhea, stop drinking enough and while they *can* come back from it, it is not the norm. They die more often than recover from it.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic