July Book Club!

sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I just finished The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. I am rereading Little Fires Everywhere and I have the James Patterson Kennedy biography and The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires ready to go.
I am a prolific reader lol. I typically finish 1-2 books a week, sometimes three or four.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I'm slow to start a new book two of our kid's got me for Mother's Day..."The Guardians" by John Grisham...but hope to start it soon.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:25 pm I just finished The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. I am rereading Little Fires Everywhere and I have the James Patterson Kennedy biography and The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires ready to go.
I am a prolific reader lol. I typically finish 1-2 books a week, sometimes three or four.

I listen, on average, to at least 2 books a week, but in June, I too was up to 3-4 a week.

I am in the hold cue for Ballads... at the local library and finished the Southern Book Club’s Guide about 2 months ago.

We read some the same stuff! Enjoy!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:20 pm I'm reading 'The Wax Pack' by Brad Balukjian I'm copying the description: [/i] is there life after baseball? Starting from this simple question, The Wax Pack ends up with something much bigger and unexpected—a meditation on the loss of innocence and the gift of impermanence, for both Brad Balukjian and the former ballplayers he tracked down. To get a truly random sample of players, Balukjian followed this wildly absurd but fun-as-hell premise: he took a single pack of baseball cards from 1986 (the first year he collected cards), opened it, chewed the nearly thirty-year-old gum inside, gagged, and then embarked on a quest to find all the players in the pack. Absurd, maybe, but true. He took this trip solo in the summer of 2015, spanning 11,341 miles through thirty states in forty-eight days.[/i]

me again: it's for a book club I do with the historical baseball group for our city. the author is joining us in a zoom meet at the end of July. The book is actually quite good!
Interesting month selection, lol. are you liking it?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:54 pm My new book just arrived today. It’s called The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn. I’ve heard great things about it, so I’m really excited to read it! In terms of listening, I typically listen to true crime podcasts. I’m not much of an audiobook person.
I think that one is on my 110+ Book long, TBR list, lol.

Enjoy!
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:51 pm
lauren08 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:54 pm My new book just arrived today. It’s called The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn. I’ve heard great things about it, so I’m really excited to read it! In terms of listening, I typically listen to true crime podcasts. I’m not much of an audiobook person.
I think that one is on my 110+ Book long, TBR list, lol.

Enjoy!
Thanks, Live. 😊 Lol, I totally feel ya - I have a super long TBR list, too. I’ve been making my way through it during the quarantine. I used to be such an avid reader, especially before I had kids (back when I had more free time!) so I’m trying to get back into it. I’ve heard it’s similar to Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train, both of which I read and loved, so I’m looking forward to it. I hope it lives up to the hype.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:48 pm
stilltfez wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:20 pm I'm reading 'The Wax Pack' by Brad Balukjian I'm copying the description: [/i] is there life after baseball? Starting from this simple question, The Wax Pack ends up with something much bigger and unexpected—a meditation on the loss of innocence and the gift of impermanence, for both Brad Balukjian and the former ballplayers he tracked down. To get a truly random sample of players, Balukjian followed this wildly absurd but fun-as-hell premise: he took a single pack of baseball cards from 1986 (the first year he collected cards), opened it, chewed the nearly thirty-year-old gum inside, gagged, and then embarked on a quest to find all the players in the pack. Absurd, maybe, but true. He took this trip solo in the summer of 2015, spanning 11,341 miles through thirty states in forty-eight days.[/i]

me again: it's for a book club I do with the historical baseball group for our city. the author is joining us in a zoom meet at the end of July. The book is actually quite good!
Interesting month selection, lol. are you liking it?

Yes, very much. It reminds me of my childhood, visiting the stadiums across the country and sometimes meeting players.
It's a baseball group so it's a baseball book. Last selection was The Big Fella by Jane Leavy. It was about Babe Ruth and while it was long, it was also good.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Last week I finished Along the Infinate Sea by Beatriz Williams, which was very good. After that I was in the mood for a thriller so I'm reading The Marriage Lie by Kimberly Belle, which I'm loving so far.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer

Haven’t started it yet but soon!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:37 pm I am still reading Stamped From the Beginning by Ibram X Kendi right now..300 pages left.
My husband has a mutual friend with Ibram Kendi, we've gone to a few of his lectures and have had some great conversations. He's a great author, but an even more amazing speaker.
Locked Previous topicNext topic