Her mom spanked our 2 year old.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, that was an extremely dangerous situation, so in that case I wouldn’t make such a big deal. I would just tell her that it’s not a method you want to use as discipline and just let it go.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I'd wonder how he made it to the road with her right there. Two year olds can move fast but the fact is she wasn't paying close enough attention which can be deadly at that age. Swatting another person's child whether it's over the diaper or not, that's not something I ever agree with. So that would be two fails for her and I wouldn't be very interested in her watching my kid again until she proved she can reason a lot better than she's doing so far.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Whether to spank or not is a decision you and your wife need to discuss and come to an agreement on. That decision falls in the hands of the two of you.

Where MIL went wrong was taking that decision out of both your hands. She took the decision for herself. It's not entirely unlike the grandparent taking the child to be baptised or get ears pierced without first consulting one of the parents. There are certain things you just don't do without parent permission first and spanking is one.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:45 pm Whether to spank or not is a decision you and your wife need to discuss and come to an agreement on. That decision falls in the hands of the two of you.

Where MIL went wrong was taking that decision out of both your hands. She took the decision for herself. It's not entirely unlike the grandparent taking the child to be baptised or get ears pierced without first consulting one of the parents. There are certain things you just don't do without parent permission first and spanking is one.
You mentioned that the "decision falls in the hands of the two of you." It LITERALLY does! :twisted: :lol: My attempt to bring humour to the table. :lol:
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My immediate family had my permission to spank if my daughter was doing something that could harm herself or others. It never happened..

In your situation perhaps in the moment of your child running into the street emotions took over and that was a first response. It was one swat over a diaper..
I know that would scare me.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Would you have rather your kid get hit by a car for running in the street? Focus on what your toddler did and how dangerous that was.
Locked Previous topicNext topic