Now I know the Covid 19 death numbers are bullshit

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I work in a nursing home. I had a patient who was there for malnutrition. He was under 100 lbs and barely ate or drank anything. The only thing keeping him alive were tube feedings he would often refuse and a ton of medications. He was already in a bad place because he wasn't able to see his family or his wife.

He was going to transfer to another facility that treats people who are higher acuity than my facility. To transfer you have to be tested for Covid 19. He was tested and turned out positive for Covid 19 twice.

After that he just gave up. He said that there was no way he would ever see his family again at this rate. He refused all tube feeds, water/fluids, and medications. He went way down hill and starved himself to death.

We just found out that his death is ruled a Covid 19 death even though he was 100% asymptomatic.

It is complete bullshit. Those numbers are bullshit.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't know what to think about all these stories but it wouldn't surprise me if they are true. More Covid deaths equal more money.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Different countries handle reporting deaths differently. It's definitely worth looking into if you want more information.

I won't say the numbers are "bullshit" because I do understand the reasoning behind differences in reporting, but I do agree the numbers alone can be quite misleading.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So one controversial case and now the numbers are complete BS? Ok...Over dramatic much?
It can easily go the other way too, BTW. Especially at first, when it wasn’t such a big issue and there were few tests many deaths could’ve been reported as something else and be due to Covid. So if anything, the numbers may be higher ,not lower.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The ruling IN HIS CASE is bullshit. That doesn't mean all the other numbers are skewed.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:24 am So one controversial case and now the numbers are complete BS? Ok...Over dramatic much?
It can easily go the other way too, BTW. Especially at first, when it wasn’t such a big issue and there were few tests many deaths could’ve been reported as something else and be due to Covid. So if anything, the numbers may be higher ,not lower.
Are facility is not special we are not the only place this is happening at

The numbers are not accurate which makes them bullshit.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Let me guess, you are not a doctor that works there.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Anonymous 1

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:27 am The ruling IN HIS CASE is bullshit. That doesn't mean all the other numbers are skewed.
If they are counting stuff like this it isn't accurate.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:29 am Let me guess, you are not a doctor that works there.
What does being a doctor have to be with anything?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There are a ton of covid deaths that go uncounted because they died at home, so I'd say it more than evens out.
Locked Previous topicNext topic