I don't wear a face mask

Anonymous 1

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:02 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:42 am
Anonymous 7 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:31 am Have you not seen all the experiments done by experts that have proven wearing a face mask does NOT impact your ability to get oxygen?
Okay so why was I unable to breathe in one to the point where I ended up on the hospital?
I'm taking a guess that you have panic attacks when you wear a mask that are made worse by or trigger your asthma. My oldest can't wear a mask because she has a panic attack if anything touches her face. When she has a panic attack her oxygen level falls.
I did not have a panic attack.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:11 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:42 am

Okay so why was I unable to breathe in one to the point where I ended up on the hospital?
I'm taking a guess that you have panic attacks when you wear a mask that are made worse by or trigger your asthma. My oldest can't wear a mask because she has a panic attack if anything touches her face. When she has a panic attack her oxygen level falls.

My sister has asthma and my daughter has panic attacks and they look exactly the same. If you ask them to describe the physical symptoms they're nearly identicle. Ironically, my sister can wear a mask for hours just fine with no drop in oxygen levels. If you're positive it wasn't a panic attack you might want to have your doctor runs tests to see exactly why you're unable to breath in a cloth or surgical mask.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

I usually agree with you and I support requiring a mask in all public places. But I will tell you that I, too, have asthma and depending on how long I have it on, I definitely notice my breathing becoming difficult. A couple weeks ago, I stood in line 20 minutes to get into a store. Within 15 minutes of being inside, I keeled over & they wanted to take me to the hospital. I survived. But yes. I do think for some asthmatics, breathing can become difficult.
jas wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:05 pm My sister is asthmatic and wears a face shield. People can shove it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:30 pm

My sister has asthma and my daughter has panic attacks and they look exactly the same. If you ask them to describe the physical symptoms they're nearly identicle. Ironically, my sister can wear a mask for hours just fine with no drop in oxygen levels. If you're positive it wasn't a panic attack you might want to have your doctor runs tests to see exactly why you're unable to breath in a cloth or surgical mask.
I have talked with my doctor. My lung function is horrible like less than 30%. My oxygen needs have gone way up. I'm on it continuously now and if it falls off at night my says drop to the low 60s.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:30 pm I usually agree with you and I support requiring a mask in all public places. But I will tell you that I, too, have asthma and depending on how long I have it on, I definitely notice my breathing becoming difficult. A couple weeks ago, I stood in line 20 minutes to get into a store. Within 15 minutes of being inside, I keeled over & they wanted to take me to the hospital. I survived. But yes. I do think for some asthmatics, breathing can become difficult.
jas wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:05 pm My sister is asthmatic and wears a face shield. People can shove it.
My sister hardly goes out unless she absolutely has to - her asthma is really that bad. She can't wear a mask or it will start a coughing fit, combined with lack of o2 and she'll pass out. She wears the full face shield with a neck scarf. She's doing the best she can without making herself worse. Is it one of those cloth masks or cheapie paper masks everyone else is wearing? No, but she's covered. Unlike the idiots you DO see in the stores with the mask over their chin, nose exposed. At that I ask what's the point?
Anonymous 12

Unread post

You know what? Thanks for mentioning what your sister wears. It probably should have already dawned on me to consider something like what she's using, but it hadn't. I'm going to put that on my agenda of things to do tomorrow. Thanks again!
jas wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:46 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:30 pm I usually agree with you and I support requiring a mask in all public places. But I will tell you that I, too, have asthma and depending on how long I have it on, I definitely notice my breathing becoming difficult. A couple weeks ago, I stood in line 20 minutes to get into a store. Within 15 minutes of being inside, I keeled over & they wanted to take me to the hospital. I survived. But yes. I do think for some asthmatics, breathing can become difficult.
My sister hardly goes out unless she absolutely has to - her asthma is really that bad. She can't wear a mask or it will start a coughing fit, combined with lack of o2 and she'll pass out. She wears the full face shield with a neck scarf. She's doing the best she can without making herself worse. Is it one of those cloth masks or cheapie paper masks everyone else is wearing? No, but she's covered. Unlike the idiots you DO see in the stores with the mask over their chin, nose exposed. At that I ask what's the point?
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:32 pm

I have talked with my doctor. My lung function is horrible like less than 30%. My oxygen needs have gone way up. I'm on it continuously now and if it falls off at night my says drop to the low 60s.
You need to figure out a face mask then if you’re going to go out, just risking covid without a mask shouldn’t be an option for you.

Wait, how can you not get oxygen with a mask on if you’re on continual oxygen?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:15 pm

You need to figure out a face mask then if you’re going to go out, just risking covid without a mask shouldn’t be an option for you.

I wear a cannula. Having oxygen on helps make it so I don't have to work as hard to pull it into my body but it doesn't change the function of my lungs and gas exchange.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:46 pm
She's doing a good job! I was reading recently that face shields are just as effective if not more effective than cloth masks. We require face covering in our business and more and more people are wearing face shields. I have a friend who wears one as she had skin cancer recently removed from her nose and a mask is painful.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:31 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:15 pm

I wear a cannula. Having oxygen on helps make it so I don't have to work as hard to pull it into my body but it doesn't change the function of my lungs and gas exchange.
I see, and I’m sorry if that came off rude. I didn’t mean it to be I just have no education on this subject.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic