Massachusetts Protests

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:36 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:17 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:06 pm

I know, I give up and just stay at home. 😢 It’s too hard to say what contributed to it and what didn’t. And honestly, even if it was the protests...it still goes back to the fact that the state had already reopened, so it still falls on the fact that we reopened too early IMO.
Generally I do too! Unfortunately, I have to deal with the public one day a week and gosh they're mad about everything I'm tired of being hugged and breathed on by those who think the whole thing is a hoax. It's making me hate and feeling violated by a portion of our community and it sucks because prior to this whole thing, this was a community that I loved.
I work every other week in the office but thank god we all are adamant about social distancing. That was a fear of mine. If people want to think it’s a hoax..fine but think it from a distance. It’s selfish and rude to get all up in people’s personal space like that.
We ask that customers wear masks but because we're outside, we can't require it. Even if we could require it, I'm a "police force" of one so not sure I could do much about it. I can't even keep the dogs out of our dog free market so can't force people to wear masks.

I've been hugged, purposefully breathed and coughed on, touched, and in my face yelled at. I'm close to done but I need the income. Our vendors are more protected because there is a table between them and customers but I'm just out there. I have come close to quitting so many times but again, I need the money. People suck.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:28 am Masks help... a little. There are many factors why hospitalizations may be down: more accurate and prompt testing is probably the main one. What makes a huge difference is social distancing, but I guess a few casualties are OK for those who believe protesting is a priority. And even in those pictures there’s a handful of people not wearing masks or wearing them incorrectly. Some studies have suggested that one of the reasons why Covid numbers haven’t increased much in areas that have protests is because the protests actually encourage the majority of citizens to stay home.
I've been seeing a lot of people both on TV (various reports) and live and in person who place their mask under their nose, which is to my understanding, completely incorrect.

I get it....I hate wearing the mask on those rare occasions I/we have to be somewhere (grocery store, vet for curbside service, or the pharmacy) because not only with our temps and how hot it is to wear one, but I am also claustrophobic.

But if a person is going to wear one, wear it correctly.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:37 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:10 am
Lemons wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:58 pm

The point of the data collected from various protests show that masks do help and being outdoors in crowds is better than being indoors in crowds. Minnesota showed the same thing. Low amounts of positive testing and this is being attributed to masks and being outdoors.

High positive results in testing in Arizona, Texas, and Florida are being attributed to people not wearing masks, being indoors in large crowds and reopening too early.

Instead of getting upset because you don’t like the result
s, it’s a good thing that scientists and collecting this data and are getting better at calculating the risks in different situations, what’s high risk, what’s low risk.
And yet again, you've demonstrated to me, that I don't know where the hell you're going in a discussion. It's like you look for an argument that isn't there. It's weird honestly.

Where do I demonstrate that I am upset?

The simple reality is that even with a mask, unless social distancing is also utilized, there will still be problems.

Yes, masks DO help but so does keeping your distance from others as much as possible.

Masks were not enforced here in AZ but are mandatory now in the county here that I live in and has been for a few weeks now.

We shall see where our numbers are.....just as ALL states will, especially those in new phases of reopening and videos/pictures around the Internet showing they're clearly not wearing masks nor social distancing either.

You have to keep in mind that testing was not readily available for the first few months. Since the latter part of May and into this month, there have been testing "blitzes" in various states and more positive cases as a result.

Too, much of the reporting on the numbers tends to conflict with each other at times which is why there are some in society who feel they're being played...or however they wish to refer to it as.

Covid isn't a matter of competition in numbers nor is it political.
So stop making it political. Look at your last sentence on the previous post.
I didn't originally make it political, Lemons. You have as you do so often with various topics and you felt I was "upset" when all I simply wrote at first is that masks alone (essentially) are not going to keep those numbers down. That social distancing has to also be done.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:19 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:36 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:17 pm

Generally I do too! Unfortunately, I have to deal with the public one day a week and gosh they're mad about everything I'm tired of being hugged and breathed on by those who think the whole thing is a hoax. It's making me hate and feeling violated by a portion of our community and it sucks because prior to this whole thing, this was a community that I loved.
I work every other week in the office but thank god we all are adamant about social distancing. That was a fear of mine. If people want to think it’s a hoax..fine but think it from a distance. It’s selfish and rude to get all up in people’s personal space like that.
We ask that customers wear masks but because we're outside, we can't require it. Even if we could require it, I'm a "police force" of one so not sure I could do much about it. I can't even keep the dogs out of our dog free market so can't force people to wear masks.

I've been hugged, purposefully breathed and coughed on, touched, and in my face yelled at. I'm close to done but I need the income. Our vendors are more protected because there is a table between them and customers but I'm just out there. I have come close to quitting so many times but again, I need the money. People suck.
I’m so sorry and you be safe Wells. 🤗 It’s a damn shame people want to be assholes during a time like this.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:23 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:10 am

And yet again, you've demonstrated to me, that I don't know where the hell you're going in a discussion. It's like you look for an argument that isn't there. It's weird honestly.

Where do I demonstrate that I am upset?

The simple reality is that even with a mask, unless social distancing is also utilized, there will still be problems.

Yes, masks DO help but so does keeping your distance from others as much as possible.

Masks were not enforced here in AZ but are mandatory now in the county here that I live in and has been for a few weeks now.

We shall see where our numbers are.....just as ALL states will, especially those in new phases of reopening and videos/pictures around the Internet showing they're clearly not wearing masks nor social distancing either.

You have to keep in mind that testing was not readily available for the first few months. Since the latter part of May and into this month, there have been testing "blitzes" in various states and more positive cases as a result.

Too, much of the reporting on the numbers tends to conflict with each other at times which is why there are some in society who feel they're being played...or however they wish to refer to it as.

Covid isn't a matter of competition in numbers nor is it political.
I didn't originally make it political, Lemons. You have as you do so often with various topics and you felt I was "upset" when all I simply wrote at first is that masks alone (essentially) are not going to keep those numbers down. That social distancing has to also be done.
We should be happy with the results that showed the protesters had no more positive results than other groups. It gives up hope that outdoors might safer than first thought. But it seems like people are annoyed and think they should have consequences because they broke the social distancing rules.

So let's take the results without the commentary on the protesters being right or wrong.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:39 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:23 pm

We should be happy with the results that showed the protesters had no more positive results than other groups. It gives up hope that outdoors might safer than first thought. But it seems like people are annoyed and think they should have consequences because they broke the social distancing rules.

So let's take the results without the commentary on the protesters being right or wrong.
Unfortunately, when some are too arrogant with respect to those social distancing rules and feel their "Constitutional Rights" (as many have claimed are being withheld) are being broken by mandating face masks and social distancing, it's hard to not get annoyed at their lack of caring about others.
Locked Previous topicNext topic