How I use my CS?

How'd I do?

Unread post

I see a few CS post going and figured I would see of you all approved of how I use my CS. I get $125 a week for 2 kids. I cover their health insurance. He has the kids Fri 4pm to Sun 9am.

Rent is $1000. Say $400 is the kids "portion" so his "half" is $200.

Groceries are $400 so say the kids are 1/2 his portion would be about $100.

That leaves $200 a month. The health insurance is $75 a week for great coverage.
Utilies eat up a portion. Incidentals, clothes, shoes eat up more. School fees, supplies, field trips as well.

Half of dance is $50.
Then everything that goes with dance (costumes, shoes, tights oh the $15 tights).

DS plays football, basketball, and soccer. The fees total about $500 and then the equipment is a few hundred more.

My $500 is long gone. We haven't even mentioned entertainment, their cell phones, etc. And I haven't even got my nails or hair done yet.
RedBottoms

Unread post

well yeah-in most cases CS is never enough to cover even close to everything
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It doesn't matter how you use your child support. The courts granted you CS in order to make it so the kids can live as comfortably as they would if you were still together with their dad. If you want to blow it all on booze that is technically your business. It's ill advised and would probably cause you to lose the CS and kids but it would be your business regardless (We can't say you wouldn't have done the same if you were still with their father). Personally, since you put it out there, I am glad to hear you are in fact using it for the kids to give them a lifestyle comparable to what they would have if you were still together with their father as that is how it is intended to be utilized.

How'd I do? wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:20 pm I see a few CS post going and figured I would see of you all approved of how I use my CS. I get $125 a week for 2 kids. I cover their health insurance. He has the kids Fri 4pm to Sun 9am.

Rent is $1000. Say $400 is the kids "portion" so his "half" is $200.

Groceries are $400 so say the kids are 1/2 his portion would be about $100.

That leaves $200 a month. The health insurance is $75 a week for great coverage.
Utilies eat up a portion. Incidentals, clothes, shoes eat up more. School fees, supplies, field trips as well.

Half of dance is $50.
Then everything that goes with dance (costumes, shoes, tights oh the $15 tights).

DS plays football, basketball, and soccer. The fees total about $500 and then the equipment is a few hundred more.

My $500 is long gone. We haven't even mentioned entertainment, their cell phones, etc. And I haven't even got my nails or hair done yet.

Unread post

It's truly astonishing how many think dad shouldn't have to help financially with the children he helped create.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

It's yours to use as you please.
TheMomster
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:36 pm It's truly astonishing how many think dad shouldn't have to help financially with the children he helped create.
Or the ones that think it should go only to clothes and things directly for the children and not help with any household obligations.

Unread post

TheMomster wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:44 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:36 pm It's truly astonishing how many think dad shouldn't have to help financially with the children he helped create.
Or the ones that think it should go only to clothes and things directly for the children and not help with any household obligations.
Yes, true that.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My dd's CS goes into my bank account and we carry on with life.

Unread post

I am amazed at how many people expect dad to support his kids more than mom just because he is dad.

In a divorce situation each parent should support their kid half and half
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:57 pm My dd's CS goes into my bank account and we carry on with life.
I would imagine that this is exactly what most people do with child support payments.
Locked Previous topicNext topic