Trump 2020

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

SilentNeko wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:01 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:33 pm
SilentNeko wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:33 pm As if the Democrats have a better choice. Oh. Wait. They don’t. Here’s to hoping there is a circle for me to color in for “none of the above.”
Pretty much my sentiments as well.

I realize it's still considered a "civic duty" to vote but honestly, when we're left with the presidential options we have had both in 2016 and this year, I sometimes wonder if we don't have a civic duty....a right... to demand better choices.
I wish we could demand a better choice. For the first time ever, I am seriously considering staying home. 2016, I was willing to give Trump a chance. That didn’t work out to well, and right now I am so fed up with it all, I’m like why even bother. I did vote in the primary, but I didn’t select a presidential candidate. If I have that same option in the general election, I’m not going to choose a president. None of them are fit to lead.
I've had similar discussions elsewhere on social media and with friends/family, and you're not alone nor am I.

I think a lot of voters are at a loss on what to do and many do not want to do the 'lesser of two evils' type of voting.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:03 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:54 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:44 pm

I never really know where to go with some of your comments, Lemons.

Naturally and of course, there will be many that think the opposite of me. I tend to think outside of the box often.
What? We actually did have better choices. Mine didn’t get chosen either The better ones just didn’t get chosen this time. . It sucks and hopefully this whole last administration was a fluke and will never happen again.
Who did you want? Who did you feel was the better choice? And who would you like to see Biden choose as his running mate?
I strongly believe 100% that Trump would do serious damage if re-elected. We’ve seen enough and heard enough from people who have worked with him that he’s not competent and looks at things through the view of how it affects him, not the country.

So I would vote for whoever opposed Trump. I could have voted for Romney or Bush, Kamala Harris, among others.

As for Biden’s choice, I don’t agree with him being pressured to choose a black female. He should choose the person who can help him with his weaknesses. Someone who balances him. He needs someone with a sharp mind, energy, up on the issues.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:35 am

What? We actually did have better choices. Mine didn’t get chosen either The better ones just didn’t get chosen this time. . It sucks and hopefully this whole last administration was a fluke and will never happen again.
Who did you want? Who did you feel was the better choice? And who would you like to see Biden choose as his running mate?
I strongly believe 100% that Trump would do serious damage if re-elected. We’ve seen enough and heard enough from people who have worked with him that he’s not competent and looks at things through the view of how it affects him, not the country.

So I would vote for whoever opposed Trump. I could have voted for Romney or Bush, Kamala Harris, among others.

As for Biden’s choice, I don’t agree with him being pressured to choose a black female. He should choose the person who can help him with his weaknesses. Someone who balances him. He needs someone with a sharp mind, energy, up on the issues
The part I have highlighted in red is what I agree with you on. I do feel and especially given the current social and even political climates, that he's dealing with a lot of pressure to choose a black female but like you, I feel he should choose the best one for the job.

IMO, either Harris or Warren would be the best choices. They've both been in politics for many decades and neither of them seem to have narrow-minded agenda nor appear to be out for blood no matter what. Neither of them seem to be biased on many topics and with Biden (who I feel is the same) being more of a known Moderate, we need cohesive unity.

I still won't be voting for him nor Trump but if he plays his cards right and while (IMO) our current POTUS has done some good things and isn't the bogeyman so many state he is, Biden might have a chance of winning and if for nothing else, because so many Americans are tired of the chaos and insanity of the Trump era.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SilentNeko wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:33 pm As if the Democrats have a better choice. Oh. Wait. They don’t. Here’s to hoping there is a circle for me to color in for “none of the above.”
I don't like Biden. But at this point I think a gorilla would be a better choice over Trump. At least I'd hope Biden would actually listen to his advisors. The only way I'd vote for Trump is if Charles Manson ran against him with Hitler as his VP.
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:57 pm
I don't like Biden. But at this point I think a gorilla would be a better choice over Trump. At least I'd hope Biden would actually listen to his advisors. The only way I'd vote for Trump is if Charles Manson ran against him with Hitler as his VP.
Trump isn’t getting my vote this time. But, then neither is Biden.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I realize it's still considered a "civic duty" to vote but honestly, when we're left with the presidential options we have had both in 2016 and this year, I sometimes wonder if we don't have a civic duty....a right... to demand better choices.
I second this. But I do not want to deal with another 4 years of Trump’s stupidity.
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:35 am

As for Biden’s choice, I don’t agree with him being pressured to choose a black female. He should choose the person who can help him with his weaknesses. Someone who balances him. He needs someone with a sharp mind, energy, up on the issues.
Choosing a black running mate is what the current narrative is. Hopefully,Biden doesn’t follow it and chooses who he feels will compliment him.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:19 pm

I second this. But I do not want to deal with another 4 years of Trump’s stupidity.
I don't want the chaos and extremism of the Trump era coming from both the Right and the Left.

At the same time, I honestly do not feel that things will level out and calm down if Biden is elected. In fact, I think that same chaos and extremism will only continue and because society in general has become chaotic and extreme over the past several years.

Many want to blame Trump for that but I don't. He is divisive but then again, I see MANY politicians today who are the same from both political parties.

Essentially and IMO, we're screwed as we were in 2016 for a viable, trustworthy POTUS.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:55 pm
lauren08 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:19 pm

I don't want the chaos and extremism of the Trump era coming from both the Right and the Left.

At the same time, I honestly do not feel that things will level out and calm down if Biden is elected. In fact, I think that same chaos and extremism will only continue and because society in general has become chaotic and extreme over the past several years.

Many want to blame Trump for that but I don't. He is divisive but then again, I see MANY politicians today who are the same from both political parties.

Essentially and IMO, we're screwed as we were in 2016 for a viable, trustworthy POTUS.
Agreed. Society has become a lot more extreme and cutthroat recently. The nation is becoming more and more polarized... I don’t necessarily see a change in administration rectifying that in the foreseeable future. However, I think the current administration is just so damn incompetent. I don’t blame Trump for everything that goes wrong. But I truly no longer have respect for him after the things he has said and done.

I don’t like voting with the “lesser of two evils” mentality. I want to vote for a candidate because I feel that he/she would be a strong leader and shares many of my beliefs, not just because I am against the other choice. Unfortunately, for me, that is pretty much what it has come down to for the upcoming election. I wish I could feel more hopeful for the next administration, but I’m not so sure I do.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't think Tulsa turned out like he thought it would.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic