Charges in Atlanta's Brooks case.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There were two tasers. In the middle of a struggle you are not thinking straight. Your adrenaline is going. You are wondering if you are going to make it out of this alive.

moviestar wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:58 pm A taser both cops knew was spent and that they were out of range of anyway

“self defense!” “he was running away” my god do you people hear the shit you say
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:45 pm 🙄 he was shot in the back because he was running away AND as he was running he turned Enough to pull his arm behind him to point a weapon.
moviestar wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:33 pm lmao self defense, they shot him IN THE BACK foh with your nonsense 🤣

also imagine thinking what you just posted supports your argument in some way. Cops can’t even prevent crime they are given a detailed map to, they are worse than useless
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

lick that boot, girl
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:08 pm There were two tasers. In the middle of a struggle you are not thinking straight. Your adrenaline is going. You are wondering if you are going to make it out of this alive.

moviestar wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:58 pm A taser both cops knew was spent and that they were out of range of anyway

“self defense!” “he was running away” my god do you people hear the shit you say
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:45 pm 🙄 he was shot in the back because he was running away AND as he was running he turned Enough to pull his arm behind him to point a weapon.

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:00 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:47 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:41 pm We ask our police officers to go out there and risk their lives and make split second decisions and when one has a weapon pointed at him and his split second decision and instincts is to protect his life we want to put him in jail and charge him with charges that could result in the death penalty.
I hope police go on strike and everyone calling for this officers arrest can deal with drunk drivers and other violent criminals on their own. Let’s see what your reaction is when one of them gets on you and beats you down and then points a weapon at you.
“During that 2 minutes and 12 seconds, Officer Rolfe actually kicked Mr. Brooks as he laid on the ground, while he was there fighting for his life,” Howard said. “Officer Brosnan actually stood on Mr. Brooks shoulder.”

Howard said his office concluded at time of Brooks’ death, he did not pose a threat to the officers. He said Brooks was running away from the officers when Rolfe shot him in the back two times.

“We have also concluded that Rolfe was aware that the Taser in Brooks’ possession, it was fired twice, and once it’s fired twice it presented no danger to him or to any other persons,” Howard said."

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/da-pau ... y7CdQywIW4
Yeah I already read that and I don’t care what they say. I say the videos. Big deal, he kicked Mr Brooks! Mr Brooks violently attacked them. I’d f@$king kick him too!
As far as the taser goes, it was dark and they just got attacked who is counting how many times the taser is shot?
Mr Brooks caused his own death. These criminals need to take responsibility for their actions. There are consequences for actions like this and unfortunately his consequence was getting shot. Had he not acted like a complete asshole and attacked officers and took a weapon from them this would never have happened. Everything was good till he got violent.
I have lost all respect for you now. The fact that you think it is okay to stand on a dying man- guilty or not and kick him when he is NOT a threat is disgusting. Obviously the other officer thinks it is wrong as he is testifying against the a-hole that murdered Mr. Brooks. There were multiple videos by the vehicle, body cams, as well as 8 videos by bystanders. They have viewed them all and decided that the officers were wrong and the charges fit.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

After you lick the asshole of society!
moviestar wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:11 pm lick that boot, girl
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:08 pm There were two tasers. In the middle of a struggle you are not thinking straight. Your adrenaline is going. You are wondering if you are going to make it out of this alive.

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:41 pm We ask our police officers to go out there and risk their lives and make split second decisions and when one has a weapon pointed at him and his split second decision and instincts is to protect his life we want to put him in jail and charge him with charges that could result in the death penalty.
I hope police go on strike and everyone calling for this officers arrest can deal with drunk drivers and other violent criminals on their own. Let’s see what your reaction is when one of them gets on you and beats you down and then points a weapon at you.
“During that 2 minutes and 12 seconds, Officer Rolfe actually kicked Mr. Brooks as he laid on the ground, while he was there fighting for his life,” Howard said. “Officer Brosnan actually stood on Mr. Brooks shoulder.”

Howard said his office concluded at time of Brooks’ death, he did not pose a threat to the officers. He said Brooks was running away from the officers when Rolfe shot him in the back two times.

“We have also concluded that Rolfe was aware that the Taser in Brooks’ possession, it was fired twice, and once it’s fired twice it presented no danger to him or to any other persons,” Howard said."

Yeah I already read that and I don’t care what they say. I say the videos. Big deal, he kicked Mr Brooks! Mr Brooks violently attacked them. I’d f@$king kick him too!
As far as the taser goes, it was dark and they just got attacked who is counting how many times the taser is shot?
Mr Brooks caused his own death. These criminals need to take responsibility for their actions. There are consequences for actions like this and unfortunately his consequence was getting shot. Had he not acted like a complete asshole and attacked officers and took a weapon from them this would never have happened. Everything was good till he got violent.
I think you make an incredibly good argument for the need of the BLM movement.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Actually, I thought it meant he kicked him before the shooting. However, though I don’t think you should kick a dying man I do understand how his adrenaline was pumping and he kicked the person who got the adrenaline going.
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:14 pm

I have lost all respect for you now. The fact that you think it is okay to stand on a dying man- guilty or not and kick him when he is NOT a threat is disgusting. Obviously the other officer thinks it is wrong as he is testifying against the a-hole that murdered Mr. Brooks. There were multiple videos by the vehicle, body cams, as well as 8 videos by bystanders. They have viewed them all and decided that the officers were wrong and the charges fit.
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:11 pm lick that boot, girl

lol, thats you.

WHEN HEATHENS #RECOGNIZE TRUE #PROPHETS OF #GOD

lol, their video title is calling white liberals who bow and kiss their boots heathens, that's so funny.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:17 pm

I think you make an incredibly good argument for the need of the BLM movement.
I don’t care what color skin you have. Black, white, brown... if you get violent, attack the officers, you have consequences. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. This isn’t an opinion on black or white, it’s an opinion on criminals and our officers.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Some of you are insanely bloodthirsty. Is there no room for a proportional response? Or is it just death no matter what.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:55 pm Some of you are insanely bloodthirsty. Is there no room for a proportional response? Or is it just death no matter what.
I’m not going to fault an officer who was attacked and had a weapon pointed at him. It was in the heat of the moment. Nobody wants death but how stupid are you to think you won’t get shot if you attack and threaten a cop? You have to be pretty damn stupid. I feel that the officers life matters as well.
Locked Previous topicNext topic