The Paw Patrol Joke

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

The joke began when the official twitter page released this tweet on 6/2/20. This tweet was the origin of the joke and did not come after the call to end Paw Patrol. It was the catalyst to all of the great sarcasm that some people took too serious in the comments.

Here are some of the replies on Twitter that sparked the fake outrage.

After seeing the outrage by the people who don’t understand sarcasm the NYT ran an article and it blew up from there.

IT WAS AND STILL IS A JOKE PEOPLE :lol:
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WTF. You find jokes like this okay?

You keep bringing up that this is a joke when it’s not cute to joke about this either.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I didn’t realize it all started with a joke. I don’t have a Twitter account, but did notice people start posting on FB about people wanting paw patrol canceled and stuff like that. That’s when I read the NYT article. The article gives you a lot to think about. I know when a cop kills a man you never here the end of well not all cops. It’s not hard for people to humanize cops; however the black man who was killed is dehumanized. People find anything they can to devalue his life. You don’t have to look far to find evidence of that. That’s a real problem that we need to address. Maybe our law and order prime time shows contribute to this. I love my cops show,
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not funny
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:37 amNot funny
Agree
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:36 am I didn’t realize it all started with a joke. I don’t have a Twitter account, but did notice people start posting on FB about people wanting paw patrol canceled and stuff like that. That’s when I read the NYT article. The article gives you a lot to think about. I know when a cop kills a man you never here the end of well not all cops. It’s not hard for people to humanize cops; however the black man who was killed is dehumanized. People find anything they can to devalue his life. You don’t have to look far to find evidence of that. That’s a real problem that we need to address. Maybe our law and order prime time shows contribute to this. I love my cops show,
I personally don’t think it contributes to it to the point of needing to take it off air. I watch cop shows to as well as most people that I know, especially First 48. Lol!

I think pushing the politicians to propose plans to fix this is where the focus should be IMHO.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:29 am

You keep bringing up that this is a joke when it’s not cute to joke about this either.
Sarcasm is a lost art
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:43 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:29 am

Sarcasm is a lost art
That’s not answering my question. You think it’s okay to joke about Trayvon Martin’s murder like that?

You keep dwelling on how this was a joke to argue with problem and it’s not funny or appropriate. Sarcasm or not.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

jas wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:37 amNot funny
Taking a meme off and turning it into a serious call to arms to take down a children’s show just so ‘you’ can be outraged by it is ridiculous. Trolls are going to troll but Paw Patrol is not seriously being demanded to go off air. That’s just more made up propaganda to make it seem like BLM is outrageous.
Locked Previous topicNext topic