Pelosi gives Floyds brother folded American flag

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That’s just wrong. That is for people who served in the military. Did I miss the article saying he served?
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think your motto here applies: never explain. Nancy was probably trying to make a point-that Floyd's death is sparking much needed reform. Or that he should never have died and it's some sort of apology. Perhaps it's because I'm not a veteran but it really doesn't bother me. We've got bigger problems right now.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The only reason she would do this is to pander and hope to get votes. He want a veteran so he shouldn’t get a flag. It’s horrible that he died but it doesn’t change the fact that he he didn’t serve.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The flag Pelosi presented was one of the over 100,000 flags that fly over the capital every year.

Some of these 100,000+ flags are given by members of Congress to scout troops, veterans organization, and other worthy recipients. But most are sold (I wish I was kidding) to folks who sent a "Flag Flying Fee Card" to their member of congress. The fees range from $12.00 for a 3x5 flag to $24 for a 5x8 flag. Oh, and that's just the base price, an additional $9.00 is tacked on if you want a flag that made the brief trip up & down the flagpole qualifying it an "Official Capital Flag". The $9.00 fee includes a certificate of authenticity.

The burial flags are issued by VA at no cost to the families of any eligible veteran who requests one.

aoc.gov/flags

architectofthecapital.org/posts/2016/5/30/flag-elevator

va.gov/burials-memorials/memorial-items/burial-flags/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:37 am I think your motto here applies: never explain. Nancy was probably trying to make a point-that Floyd's death is sparking much needed reform. Or that he should never have died and it's some sort of apology. Perhaps it's because I'm not a veteran but it really doesn't bother me. We've got bigger problems right now.
My dad was a WWII veteran. He had an honor guard and flag draped coffin. There was someone playing “Taps” while the flag was folded in front of us.

It is a HUGE deal to most veteran’s families.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:01 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:37 am I think your motto here applies: never explain. Nancy was probably trying to make a point-that Floyd's death is sparking much needed reform. Or that he should never have died and it's some sort of apology. Perhaps it's because I'm not a veteran but it really doesn't bother me. We've got bigger problems right now.
My dad was a WWII veteran. He had an honor guard and flag draped coffin. There was someone playing “Taps” while the flag was folded in front of us.

It depends. If Thelma (see above) is right then to me it's no big deal what Peloski did. It sounds like a flag that can be easily obtained. I do understand your POV. But in Floyd's case there was no color guard nor flag draped coffin? Now if the flag is specifically for war veterans then that's different. Idk. I googled but couldn't find an answer.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:21 pm

It depends. If Thelma (see above) is right then to me it's no big deal what Peloski did. It sounds like a flag that can be easily obtained. I do understand your POV. But in Floyd's case there was no color guard nor flag draped coffin? Now if the flag is specifically for war veterans then that's different. Idk. I googled but couldn't find an answer.
I can agree with that. I admit I have only seen them folded and presented to deceased people’s family because of military service. That is also how most flags from funerals are saved.

hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:03 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:21 pm

I can agree with that. I admit I have only seen them folded and presented to deceased people’s family because of military service. That is also how most flags from funerals are saved.
Even from what Thelma said i don’t think when you buy a flag it’s folded and given to you in the case that the brother received. Those wooden cases are what veterans flags are stored in.
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

Pandering for votes. That is what that is. After November, you won’t one word about any of this, unless Trump wins; which is unlikely.
Locked Previous topicNext topic