Just 48 hours of the Autozone communist utopia's existence...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:51 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:35 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:43 pm :lol: "What has emerged is an experiment in life without the police — part street festival, part commune. Hundreds have gathered to hear speeches, poetry and music. On Tuesday night, dozens of people sat in the middle of an intersection to watch “13th,” the Ava DuVernay film about the criminal justice system’s impact on African-Americans. On Wednesday, children made chalk drawings in the middle of the street."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/us/s ... -zone.html

Y'all make it sound like "The Purge". :lol:
The police chief, who is getting the calls of rape and violence to the area and can't get to people, has a very different eye witness account of what's transpiring.
When was this, where did you read this? What is your source?

The live pictures being shown now show very few people walking around. No barriers that can’t be moved in case of an emergency.
Look it up. I'm not your mommy. :) Anything I post you'll make excuses for, ridicule and say something ludicrous about.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:48 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:05 am That is a list of people that live together for various purposes.

This is a debate about groups that ban police presence and set up their own means of policing the community they’ve set up.
moviestar wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:41 am I mean, they don’t all have names? At least not names you recognize, I guess. I stayed at one for several months when I was pregnant with my oldest and it didn’t have a name, it was just some property owned by some old hippies. I emerged decidedly un-traumatized, in fact I have quite fond memories of the place, which still exists and has not to my knowledge inspired any lifetime specials. I think maybe you’re thinking all communes are cult communes, like Waco or something? They aren’t. not even all of the religious ones ever have anything happen to make them newsworthy.

I found this directory which lists over 700 in the US and another 300+ abroad: https://www.ic.org/directory/intentiona ... y-country/. That probably isn't a comprehensive list since many of them don’t really do internet marketing. They are more common than you probably think and definitely do not all lead to trauma, madness and tragedy.

Bikers. Like the Outlaws.
Bikers? Do you mean bikers set up their own policing system? Like the Hells Angels ?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:58 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:05 am That is a list of people that live together for various purposes.

This is a debate about groups that ban police presence and set up their own means of policing the community they’ve set up.

Oooh! Fill me in! Where did they overtake nearly a mile of public street, hold businesses stuck in that area hostage, extort them for "protection" money, run the police out of their own station, have armed imbeciles guard their borders and assault the police? I wanna see!
I was addressing "ban police presence and set up their own means of policing the community they’ve set up". I have seen them hold businesses hostage and extort from them. In many places, the police won't mess with them and some are even in their pockets. Have you ever been to a clubhouse?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:02 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:35 pm

The police chief, who is getting the calls of rape and violence to the area and can't get to people, has a very different eye witness account of what's transpiring.

The live pictures being shown now show very few people walking around. No barriers that can’t be moved in case of an emergency.
Look it up. I'm not your mommy. :) Anything I post you'll make excuses for, ridicule and say something ludicrous about.
That's not how it works. Source your information, you're known to believe every conspiracy theory you read.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:05 pm

Oooh! Fill me in! Where did they overtake nearly a mile of public street, hold businesses stuck in that area hostage, extort them for "protection" money, run the police out of their own station, have armed imbeciles guard their borders and assault the police? I wanna see!
I was addressing "ban police presence and set up their own means of policing the community they’ve set up". I have seen them hold businesses hostage and extort from them. In many places, the police won't mess with them and some are even in their pockets. Have you ever been to a clubhouse?
Do you see that as a good thing, or a bad thing?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:03 pm

Bikers? Do you mean bikers set up their own policing system? Like the Hells Angels ?
Of course they police themselves. Yes. Hells Angels are West Coast and the Outlaws are East Coast, and others all over, but those are two of the larger clubs.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:14 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:05 pm

Do you see that as a good thing, or a bad thing?
It's a bad thing, but it happens.
306/232

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:18 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:03 pm

Of course they police themselves. Yes. Hells Angels are West Coast and the Outlaws are East Coast, and others all over, but those are two of the larger clubs.
Are they a good example of what happens when people are allowed to privately police their own groups?
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Where is all of that happening?
According to people that have been there none of that is happening in Seattle. There are fake images of armed guards and hearsay tales that people are posting on Twitter but the things you are saying have been debunked by the people who are actually there.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:10 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:02 pm

That's not how it works. Source your information, you're known to believe every conspiracy theory you read.
https://news.yahoo.com/seattle-police-c ... VlH_wUBV7G
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic