If the police are mistreating someone would you step in?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A lawyer for one of the guys in the George Floyd case is saying that the public should have physically intervened in the terrible situation if they were so concerned. Sorry but no I would not intervene that is how you get shot or pushed and especially there were more than 1 officer. So would you have intervened in this situation?
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

No never. I would call 911 and ask them to send additional assistance to a bad situation.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd like to think I would but honestly when the police are making an arrest I don't stand around watching. So I'd probably not be there in the first place. I'd be moving my happy butt down the street.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd like to think I'd speak up, maybe not get physically into it because I'm pretty small but I would yell, call 911 (yes on the police), give witness statement, etc.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

that's a hard nope.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

That lawyer is crazy. Those cops have guns.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That lawyer is an idiot. I would yell, scream and call 911, but I would not physically step in. They have guns and are not afraid to use them.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:32 am No never. I would call 911 and ask them to send additional assistance to a bad situation.
I would do this probably, then take my phone out and record the issue.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:19 am That lawyer is an idiot. I would yell, scream and call 911, but I would not physically step in. They have guns and are not afraid to use them.
It is not just the guns, if a person physically interferes with the police in their duties, even though they are doing something wrong, that person would probably be arrested for obstruction of a law enforcement officer in their duties.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

With enough participants, I might.
Locked Previous topicNext topic